Is the Moto X (2013) worth buying now?

escondido

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I think the 2013 x is still worth it. It is still a good little phone. I owned one for a long time until I did something stupid and broke the microphone. I am now using an LG G2 and I like it a lot, but there are things I miss about the x all the time. The only thing I don't miss is the camera. Camera is important to me though so if you don't take a lot of photos it may not be a big deal to you.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I first had 16. Needed to keep it lean and content that I used. When I got the 32, way more storage and never had an issue running out.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I first had 16. Needed to keep it lean and content that I used. When I got the 32, way more storage and never had an issue running out.

Unfortunately, the 32 GB variant is not available in India. Do you mind taking a look at this link: http://www.eageworld.com/motorola-moto-x---16gb---black and tell me whether this is a reasonable purchase or does it look fishy?

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what the average is in India, but you can get an unlocked 32 gig used for about 2/3 of that price for a US GSM unlocked version (used). You may want to see if it's bands work with your carrier. It does have some international ones.

Swappa.com

I bought a xt1053de four months ago for less than $300.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your inputs guys.

I seem to be getting a good deal on here: http://www.eageworld.com/motorola-moto-x---16gb---black

Should I go for it or does it look iffy? Yes, I've noticed that it has a seller warranty for 6 months. Thoughts?

And another thing I wanted to ask is if the 16 GB internal memory is sufficient?

That's equivalent to $264 US dollars. Not such a great deal in my eyes. I paid what would be 11,700 rupees to you. ($189) But I guess they may just be more expensive in other countries.

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
That's equivalent to $264 US dollars. Not such a great deal in my eyes. I paid what would be 11,700 rupees to you. ($189) But I guess they may just be more expensive in other countries.

Yeah, the phone is available at Rs. 17, 599 ($279) on Online Shopping - Shop Online for Mobile Phones, Digital Cameras, Watches, Books & More at Flipkart.com which is the exclusive e-tailer for the phone (it isn't available offline).

Sadly, it's been out of stock for 2 weeks and I'm caught in two minds about waiting longer.

The Moto X 2nd gen is available for Rs. 29,999 ($476) on Online Shopping - Shop Online for Mobile Phones, Digital Cameras, Watches, Books & More at Flipkart.com (which is again the official channel for sale). I saw some SIM unlocked Moto X 2nd Gens on eBay.com available only for $320 (Rs. 20,000) but unfortunately they don't ship to India.

So do you suggest waiting for the phone to come back in stock or go for another phone within Rs. 20,000? If you think I should go for another phone, which one should it be? FYI, not a Samsung fan. Looking for a decent battery and lag free experience.

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
How about OnePlus One? Should I go for it? Available for $300 (Rs. 19,999) in India via Amazon.in

It's up to you on this one. I have not heard anything bad about the OnePlus One. It looks like you are having a hard time getting the Moto X where you are at and from what I've heard about the OnePlus One, it's a nice phone. I don't think that you would go wrong with this phone at all.

Just on a personal note, please don't drive yourself crazy trying to decide on which phone you're going to get. I'm one of those people that researches phones to no end trying to decide which phone I was going to get. Finally, I happened across the deal on the Moto X Developer Edition on Amazon and I had just received my tax refund. I figured that this was one thing that I was definitely going to buy when I got my refund and I haven't regretted my decision ever since. If you can get a good deal on the OnePlus One, I think that you ought to go for it since it's readily available in your area.

Just my two cents worth. Take it for what it's worth.

Cindy