traded down to a moto x

mrones

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
In the last year I had the G2, G3, and HTC m8 ..though each phone had his merits bigger sharper screen , better sound at the end the phone I always prefer is the moto x .. I am done with the rat race of always catching the latest specs..in the end of the day nothing more can be done on the S6 edge which you can't do on the moto x ..

Posted via Android Central App

louisstone

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I like the size of my Moto X. That's why I haven't strayed so far.

I don't stream videos and don't really play games (other than simple stuff like Words With Friends). So, I don't need HD display.

But - my wife just got me a Fitbit Surge for my birthday and none of the integration stuff works without Lollipop. And I'm terrified that the OS update will cripple my phone when it comes out.

So... The Surge is going back.

--
Somebody, somewhere, right now is stuffing Twinkies in their shorts.

Uncle Remus

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm with you, Louis. Really love my Moto X 2013! Love the size, near stock Android, and the things that Motorola has added.

Like you I worry that Lollipop might "hamstring" the phone. Kit Kat works just fine. I've been running Lollipop on my Nexus 7 (2013) and have gotten used to it, so if it plays well with the X I should be GTG.

We know it's coming soon, so fingers crossed!
Hoot

Posted via Android Central App on my Nexus 7 (2013)

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I did the same. Went from a LG G2 to Droid Turbo to Moto X 2014 to Moto X 2013 and finally landed on a LG G3. Out of all, the form factor and simplicity of the Moto X 2013 won me over. Perfect size and beautiful screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

mrones

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
just wondering what didn't you like with the 2014 moto x , i am with Sprint and that option is not available to me.. my only thought it's probably a taller device which makes it harder for 1 handed use.

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Size and price mostly. The 2013 X can be had for pretty cheap now (under $150 used ... around $200ish for a DEV Edition). The size of the 2013 is perfect. No worries about dropping it or operating it as it fits fantastically in my hand.

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I too share your view. Recently, the One Plus One caught my eye. But with the company formally acknowleding their touch screen issues I got jaded.

If the Moto X 2013 had better looks and a bigger battery it would be the near perfect phone even in 2015.

The 2014 Moto G is also a fine piece of work.

Posted via the Android Central App

mrones

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
agree on the size and form function price for a used one is under $200 for a mint custom wood back, just bought one on swappa. My only wish and this is after jumping through 5 phones in the previous year is for the power button to be on the top vs the right side also i would rather have ore tactile volume buttons as well.. Besides that the screen is about perfect for me i don't need HD screen like the G3 , all it does is to make the device super hot to the point it has to shut down to cool.. also it would be nice to have the boom sounds speakers of HTC they were sweet.. and the tap on tap off feature which i find useful, both LG and HTC have them However for myself active display is the reason i am back on the Moto just can't be replicated and it is so useful in day today use .. so here you have my perfect phone compilation.. lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital