Probably about once a week some of my Active Display apps for some reason stop displaying their notifications. It's happened a few times with Gmail, but I've noticed it especially happens quite a lot with Facebook. I get a noise alert that I've got a new Facebook notification, but there's no Active Display reading so I quickly can see what it is. I have to go into the phone by hitting the power button to wake it, typing in the PIN and opening the FB app.

When I then go into settings>active display>select apps to appear, sure enough the FB app has mysteriously been unchecked. Anyone else experience this or know what causes it?

It's obviously not a huge problem, but it happens enough that it's annoying and spoils one of my favorite features of the Moto X.
    05-14-2015 10:42 PM
    I have found that this happens sometimes immediately after an app update. I manually update my apps so the correlation was easy to make. If you've set to automatically update apps, it would be a lot less obvious.
    manhattan123, dmark44 and weksa like this.
    05-14-2015 11:02 PM
    Ahh, I do have it set for automatic updates, so that could be it. FB does seem to update a lot. I'll have to check to see if it happens after an update. Thanks for the info. Sounds like it will still happen but at least I will know why now.

I have found that this happens sometimes immediately after an app update. I manually update my apps so the correlation was easy to make. If you've set to automatically update apps, it would be a lot less obvious.
    05-14-2015 11:53 PM
    I only have a few apps set to show on Active Display, primarily my email apps and Hangouts. I've had this happen also, even with those apps.

As for Facebook seeming to update frequently, they're on a 2-4 week release schedule. Whatever they've worked on since the last release is pushed out at that time if it's ready to go. Ah, it's not explained in the Google description, it is in the iOS app description (I have an iPad for work).
    dmark44 likes this.
    05-15-2015 07:57 AM