So earlier my motorola x android (cricket carrier) was charging and I tried to wake the screen up but it wouldn't wake up. I kept pressing the button. It wouldn't turn on so I held the button down and tried to restart it. Nothing. So I decided to take the battery out and try that. Keep in mind I've only had this phone about 2 months and I had forgotten the battery was non-removable. I saw that it was and put the case back on and then held the button again. This time it had an all blue screen and vibrated for a few seconds then shut off again. I left it alone for a while and then plugged it back into the charger and this time it turned on. So everything was cool. And then later I got a blue screen again, and the phone reset. It did it again like 3 times then the last time it did it the phone was resetting and all of a sudden it had a blue screen again then a green screen and it shut off and now it won't turn back on at all. Idk what to do, holding the volume down button and the power button did nothing and plugging it into the charger did nothing.
    05-18-2015 01:23 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! That sounds like some kind of hardware failure. How easy was it to open the phone up and remove the battery? Since it's not intended to be user-removable, I wonder if you might have dislodged or damaged some other connection or component in the process. I would suggest bringing it to a repair shop for inspection.
    05-18-2015 12:09 PM
    @B. Diddy, she didn't remove the battery, but your thought on it being a hardware issue sounds likely to me, too. I would suggest getting in touch with Motorola Mobility and see what they have to say.

Posted via the Android Central App
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-18-2015 09:57 PM
    @B. Diddy, she didn't remove the battery
    D'oh! Didn't read that closely enough. I'm wondering if the OP actually took the phone apart, or if the case that was mentioned was an external case.
    05-19-2015 01:53 AM
    No I did not remove the battery. I took off the back which is user removable, saw that the battery was not user removable, and put the back back on. It kept restarting and not letting me turn it back on for hours but now I think it's completely dead. Won't turn on at all, won't charge. How can I get in touch with Motorola Mobility?
    05-20-2015 02:01 PM
    No I did not remove the battery. I took off the back which is user removable, saw that the battery was not user removable, and put the back back on.
    The Moto X back is not user removable and by pulling it apart you have effectively voided your warranty. Are you sure it's a Moto X? The Moto G does have a removable back. Where did you prurchase your phone?
    05-20-2015 03:01 PM