URGENT advice!

Ice_Cold_Q

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

Aint been on AC for a while, I'm on a blackberry Q5 at the moment but I want an android device and I want it to be the Moto x 2013. Right now I can get it for only £118 off ebay which is a great deal in my opinion. But before I buy it I'd like to know if right now at this moment there is anything wrong with the Moto x that would disappoint me if i get the device? Such as:

- Does touchless control still work as it should?
- Does active display work as it should?
- Is there any SERIOUS lag due to it being an older device?
- Is the battery life as it should be?

and so on or anything related or anything that's worth a mention!

Please tell me everything!

Thanks.

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Right now on Kit-Kat the 2013 Moto X works great. [4.4.4]
While we have been promised L5.1 in the "near" future; don't know if that would be a benefit or hindrance.
running Just about pure android it has snappy performance. Moto has some added apps that are useful and I myself miss them when using newer more powerful hardware.
For a bargain price don't see how you could go wrong.
Good luck.

Last edited:

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Right now on Kit-Kat the 2013 Moto X works great. [L4.4.4]
While we have been promised L5.1 in the "near" future; don't know if that would be a benefit or hindrance.
running Just about pure android it has snappy performance. Moto has some added apps that are useful and I myself miss them when using newer more powerful hardware.
For a bargain price don't see how you could go wrong.
Good luck.

I agree with ElronTheElder on this. I bought my Moto X (2013) Developer Edition back in February 2015 and I haven't regretted that purchase in the slightest. The only issue that I had with it was the touchless control. I had it trained to my voice (and yes I was in a completely quiet room when I did this too) but when I'm at work, it seemed like anyone who was in the office could set it off with their voice. Solution that worked for me right now: Turn touchless control off in the settings until the Lollipop update comes out (which should be pretty soon I hope) and then I believe that should fix that issue for me because then I can train it to a different trigger phrase other than "OK Google Now". Other than that, I have not had any issues with this phone.

Just my two cents here. Take it for what it's worth.

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
- Does touchless control still work as it should?
No, not in all cases.

- Does active display work as it should?
Yes, but may require manual maintenance.

- Is there any SERIOUS lag due to it being an older device?
For the most part, no. I've noticed significant slowdown when panning around on Google Maps when search results are displayed. To see for yourself, search for "restaurants" in Maps and start panning around.

- Is the battery life as it should be?
Yes, with the understanding that you may not see like-new battery performance on a used device.

mrones

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
You'll be happy..traded down from an m9.. couldn't be without active display.

Posted via Android Central App

Fedginator

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Have the phone. Best I've ever had. Yes to all questions (though battery life isnt great but it's fine)

Posted via the Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Moto X 2013 is still a great little device :)
I have only a few set to show on active display , email ( K-9),text(stock app) , and phone calls. I had no issues.
Battery life still is Ok for me.
I haven't used it in awhile but I don't consider it retired either :)

PS: Its temporary on vacation

Ice_Cold_Q

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
So I've had the device for a couple of days now. So far so good. the device is quite unique indeed. One question, this is a AT&T XT1058 variant of the phone which I got it shipped to the UK where I'm going to use it. When and if the AT&T variant receives the lollipop update for the moto x, will i receive the update too while i'm here in the UK? and the phone has been unlocked, and is rooted but to my knowledge the bootloader is locked(on fastboot mode it says device is locked)

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae