07-19-2015 06:39 PM
27 12
tools
    2.1MB bug fix update hitting devices now.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    Aquila and davidnc like this.
    05-29-2015 03:27 PM
    There are bugs?
    davidnc likes this.
    05-29-2015 03:39 PM
    Only bah hum-bugs lol
    05-29-2015 04:11 PM
    Lol wut

Galaxy S6
    05-29-2015 04:16 PM
    2.1MB bug fix update hitting devices now.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    Ry, have you seen a Changelog for this yet?

Never mind found all VZW sees fit to provide:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=bCpa7tXu
    cindylike24 likes this.
    05-29-2015 06:39 PM
    Has anyone been able to find a download link for this? I'm not able to get it via OTA.

Cindy
    05-29-2015 07:38 PM
    Has anyone been able to find a download link for this? I'm not able to get it via OTA.

Cindy
    It appears to be an emergency fix for a bug found when dialing emergency number with a pin and encryption enabled in Verizon Motorola phones. It's not much of anything (2.1mb) Moto be trollin all waiting for lollipop

Galaxy S6
    05-29-2015 09:25 PM
    My old Moto X (my wife's current daily driver) just received this update. I tried to grab the OTA, but I couldn't find the URL needed for it. I must have waited too long I the logcat command window, or devices other than Nexus phones may have a different procedure. No new features, and now follow up update as of yet. However, I'll keep an eye on it, and continue to investigate the proper way to pull an OTA from a Moto X for when the eventual Lollipop update finally hits it.

If it really is an emergency fix, Google needs to make a policy to place intentional bugs that will allow them to update any phone as needed 😜
    05-30-2015 12:43 AM
    I think I got the update, but a little confused. When the alert first came in that there was a system update available, I was outside and my phone was on about a 15% charge, so I ignored the update and waited until I got home to my wifi and could charge the phone more. It seemed to update, went though a download, powered off, etc.
    But now when I check System updates it again says "System update available" and a couple lines down under Status it says "Install deferred."
    However, when I click System updates I get the "Your device's software is up to date" message.
    It says it's on version 212.166.3enUS. That is the latest version, yes?
    05-31-2015 12:31 PM
    I think I got the update, but a little confused. When the alert first came in that there was a system update available, I was outside and my phone was on about a 15% charge, so I ignored the update and waited until I got home to my wifi and could charge the phone more. It seemed to update, went though a download, powered off, etc.
    But now when I check System updates it again says "System update available" and a couple lines down under Status it says "Install deferred."
    However, when I click System updates I get the "Your device's software is up to date" message.
    It says it's on version 212.166.3enUS. That is the latest version, yes?
    Yes, that is correct, latest version is now installed on my device. I found it about 30 minutes ago after looking for system updates per earlier posts.
    manhattan123 likes this.
    05-31-2015 01:10 PM
    Yes, that is correct, latest version is now installed on my device. I found it about 30 minutes ago after looking for system updates per earlier posts.
    Ok, thanks. I thought it was the latest as the version numbers match exactly, just not sure why the X is still telling me System update available? I even tried a cache clean and that message is still there. Ah well, the mysteries of Android or Moto or Verizon, I guess.
    05-31-2015 01:43 PM
    Hey! I have the same problem that you have. Its show the same.
    05-31-2015 03:33 PM
    I also have the same issue with the "Install Deferred". I did receive a minor update a week ago that was mentioned in a previous post but I feel that the two are not related. I suspect that this message is indicating a limited roll out. I know other regions are receiving the 5.1 Android Lollipop update for the first gen Moto X, and for North America we can expect the update in the coming weeks. I'm sure Motorola is currently preforming a soak test (A limited release of new software among volunteers for various networks to help work out any lingering bugs). I've participated with the rollout of the 4.4.4 update and it was only a week or two until it was competed and the update went out to the rest of the customers on the network.
    06-02-2015 12:29 AM
    Mine did the same thing initially, but about half hour after the update completed, a message popped up saying that the update was complete. When I checked the system updates again after that, it had changed from "Install Deferred" to "Update Successful," so maybe it just needs some time to figure it out.
    cindylike24 likes this.
    06-02-2015 09:42 AM
    Emergency Dialing Maintenance Release:
    https://motorola-global-portal.custh...il/a_id/105254
    Tom in Bristol likes this.
    06-02-2015 04:55 PM
    I have the same message on my Moto X as well with an update I tried June 2nd.

I'm just glad that it isn't affecting how the phone works!

I saw some other forums where people said they had contacted Verizon support.
    Curious if anyone else has and if they had a solution.

Otherwise, I think I'll just see if there is a wider update rollout in the next few weeks.
    06-03-2015 06:13 PM
    Does this break root? I was surprised to have it show up today on my rooted Lollipop Dev Ed Moto X? I'm afraid to accept it fearing I might lose root.
    06-05-2015 01:04 AM
    Correction - my Moto X Dev Ed is 4.4.4 Kitkat, not Lollipop. But same question DOES THIS UPDATE BREAK ROOT?
    06-05-2015 10:16 AM
    Dev edition X, it doesn't matter. No updates will because you can unlock the bootloader and root whenever

Galaxy S6
    06-05-2015 03:24 PM
    Please help! I'm stuck in a bit of a bootloop. I have a rooted Dev Ed Moto X 2013 with TWRP recovery. I told the system update to go ahead and install (after reading somewhere that I wouldn't lose root) and it sent me to TWRP recovery screen. So I choose the "install" button in TWRP and it sends me to a directory of my /sdcard. But from there I can't seem to find the 212.166.3 update zip file to install. Where is it? Being unable to find it, I decide just to reboot instead and eventually it takes me back to desktop, but only for a minute or two and then it reboots me back into TWRP recovery again. Please tell me what to do. I do have a backup, but I'd rather not revert to that if I don't have to, and I'm not sure that would solve the problem anyway. I'd rather just install the update file, but I don't know where to locate it. Thanks for your help!
    06-06-2015 02:20 AM
    Please help! I'm stuck in a bit of a bootloop. I have a rooted Dev Ed Moto X 2013 with TWRP recovery. I told the system update to go ahead and install (after reading somewhere that I wouldn't lose root) and it sent me to TWRP recovery screen. So I choose the "install" button in TWRP and it sends me to a directory of my /sdcard. But from there I can't seem to find the 212.166.3 update zip file to install. Where is it? Being unable to find it, I decide just to reboot instead and eventually it takes me back to desktop, but only for a minute or two and then it reboots me back into TWRP recovery again. Please tell me what to do. I do have a backup, but I'd rather not revert to that if I don't have to, and I'm not sure that would solve the problem anyway. I'd rather just install the update file, but I don't know where to locate it. Thanks for your help!
    Ota updates should not be flashed when on custom recovery and/or rooted. Reverting to your backup is likely the only choice.

M Dev Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Android Central Moderator.
    06-06-2015 04:31 AM
    Try clearing cache in twrp recovery to get rid of the reboot issue. You'll need to flash stock recovery in order to successfully use the ota update file and make sure your system is stock (no modification like ad block installed or xposed). After updating just reflash twrp and hit reboot and it should ask to install super su again and you'll be good to go. You will always have root with an unlocked bootloader

Galaxy S6
    Aquila likes this.
    06-06-2015 05:28 AM
    Overnight, the problem eventually fixed itself. I woke up to a "Update Unsuccessful" message. But I went ahead and cleared cache anyway just to be sure. Everything seems normal again. Thanks.
    06-06-2015 10:10 AM
    I am rooted and running KitKat 4.4.4 with TWRP. I have System Version 212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US. I have Xposed Module installed with NotifyClean.

Can someone PLEASE give me detailed instructions on how to stop the latest Verizon update notification? NotifyClean doesn't seem to recognize it when it takes over my screen every morning. I've read different threads here, but nothing I've tried seems to work, or I'm just not understanding. So please walk me through it! I've read posts about using Titanium to freeze "SDW" but those seem to apply to Galaxy Note only. My Moto X doesn't have an "SDW" app to freeze.

As you can see from my earlier posts, I even tried just installing the update, but that sent me into bootloops because I'm running TWRP recovery. Clearing cache stopped the bootloops but then the update notices returned. Seems to me that if I'm rooted there must be a simple way to stop those update notices. If you know what to do, please tell me. THANKS.

Or in the alternative, where can I find the VZW Dev Ed Kitkat 4.4.4 stock recovery .img so that I can temporarily ditch TWRP and accept that update? Otherwise it seems I'm stuck with getting this dang System Update notication every day! If anyone here with a rooted Dev Ed has figured another way out of this mess, please advise. Thank you.
    06-08-2015 10:06 AM
    Still getting the VZW update notice every night. Still haven't figured out how kill it. So every night I just delay it for another 24 hours.
    07-07-2015 01:41 AM
27 12