Verizon: 212.166.3.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US Emergency Dialing Maintenance Release

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
2.1MB bug fix update hitting devices now.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon Moto X (first gen): Android 4.4.4 KitKat 212.666.3.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US Update

There are bugs? :p

tvue83

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Moto X (first gen): Android 4.4.4 KitKat 212.666.3.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US Update

Only bah hum-bugs lol

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone been able to find a download link for this? I'm not able to get it via OTA.

Cindy

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

Has anyone been able to find a download link for this? I'm not able to get it via OTA.

Cindy
It appears to be an emergency fix for a bug found when dialing emergency number with a pin and encryption enabled in Verizon Motorola phones. It's not much of anything (2.1mb) Moto be trollin all waiting for lollipop

Galaxy S6

May 24, 2011
Visit site

My old Moto X (my wife's current daily driver) just received this update. I tried to grab the OTA, but I couldn't find the URL needed for it. I must have waited too long I the logcat command window, or devices other than Nexus phones may have a different procedure. No new features, and now follow up update as of yet. However, I'll keep an eye on it, and continue to investigate the proper way to pull an OTA from a Moto X for when the eventual Lollipop update finally hits it.

If it really is an emergency fix, Google needs to make a policy to place intentional bugs that will allow them to update any phone as needed 😜

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I think I got the update, but a little confused. When the alert first came in that there was a system update available, I was outside and my phone was on about a 15% charge, so I ignored the update and waited until I got home to my wifi and could charge the phone more. It seemed to update, went though a download, powered off, etc.
But now when I check System updates it again says "System update available" and a couple lines down under Status it says "Install deferred."
However, when I click System updates I get the "Your device's software is up to date" message.
It says it's on version 212.166.3enUS. That is the latest version, yes?

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

I think I got the update, but a little confused. When the alert first came in that there was a system update available, I was outside and my phone was on about a 15% charge, so I ignored the update and waited until I got home to my wifi and could charge the phone more. It seemed to update, went though a download, powered off, etc.
But now when I check System updates it again says "System update available" and a couple lines down under Status it says "Install deferred."
However, when I click System updates I get the "Your device's software is up to date" message.
It says it's on version 212.166.3enUS. That is the latest version, yes?

Yes, that is correct, latest version is now installed on my device. I found it about 30 minutes ago after looking for system updates per earlier posts.

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Yes, that is correct, latest version is now installed on my device. I found it about 30 minutes ago after looking for system updates per earlier posts.

Ok, thanks. I thought it was the latest as the version numbers match exactly, just not sure why the X is still telling me System update available? I even tried a cache clean and that message is still there. Ah well, the mysteries of Android or Moto or Verizon, I guess. :)

Pancho Zarate

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Verizon Moto X (first gen): Android 4.4.4 KitKat 212.166.3.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US Update

Hey! I have the same problem that you have. Its show the same.

Scott93274

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Verizon Moto X (first gen): Android 4.4.4 KitKat 212.166.3.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US Update

I also have the same issue with the "Install Deferred". I did receive a minor update a week ago that was mentioned in a previous post but I feel that the two are not related. I suspect that this message is indicating a limited roll out. I know other regions are receiving the 5.1 Android Lollipop update for the first gen Moto X, and for North America we can expect the update in the coming weeks. I'm sure Motorola is currently preforming a soak test (A limited release of new software among volunteers for various networks to help work out any lingering bugs). I've participated with the rollout of the 4.4.4 update and it was only a week or two until it was competed and the update went out to the rest of the customers on the network.

chirona8

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

Mine did the same thing initially, but about half hour after the update completed, a message popped up saying that the update was complete. When I checked the system updates again after that, it had changed from "Install Deferred" to "Update Successful," so maybe it just needs some time to figure it out.

Matthew Meyer

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I have the same message on my Moto X as well with an update I tried June 2nd.

I'm just glad that it isn't affecting how the phone works!

I saw some other forums where people said they had contacted Verizon support.
Curious if anyone else has and if they had a solution.

Otherwise, I think I'll just see if there is a wider update rollout in the next few weeks.

RolandStone

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Does this break root? I was surprised to have it show up today on my rooted Lollipop Dev Ed Moto X? I'm afraid to accept it fearing I might lose root.

RolandStone

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Please help! I'm stuck in a bit of a bootloop. I have a rooted Dev Ed Moto X 2013 with TWRP recovery. I told the system update to go ahead and install (after reading somewhere that I wouldn't lose root) and it sent me to TWRP recovery screen. So I choose the "install" button in TWRP and it sends me to a directory of my /sdcard. But from there I can't seem to find the 212.166.3 update zip file to install. Where is it? Being unable to find it, I decide just to reboot instead and eventually it takes me back to desktop, but only for a minute or two and then it reboots me back into TWRP recovery again. Please tell me what to do. I do have a backup, but I'd rather not revert to that if I don't have to, and I'm not sure that would solve the problem anyway. I'd rather just install the update file, but I don't know where to locate it. Thanks for your help!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513