Weird occurence - any thoughts?

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Something strange going on and I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on what's causing it. (I'm not sure it is technically a Moto X question, but it's happening on my X.)

I noticed last night on my X that the background picture on my Facebook page (not the little profile picture on the left but the bigger photo at top) had reverted to a previous picture I had used months ago. I thought maybe I had accidentally deleted the current picture from my gallery and it just automatically went back to a previous pic.

But when I looked at my Facebook page on my desktop PC, it is still set at the picture I want.

Just to be safe, I checked and the picture I set it for is still in the phone gallery. (And I pulled down the page from the top to refresh, no change.)

So the FB app on my X has one background picture, an old one, and the Facebook page on my PC has another, the one I want. How did this happen? Any thoughts?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Use the app here to wipe your cache then reboot the device. Check the facebook app it should be updated to whatever is current to your page.

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, zedorda. Ok, I did a cache wipe and I thought it had done the trick. When the phone came back on after the wiping, the picture I have currently set at the FB background was there. BUT about 5 minutes later, I went back again just to check and the old prior picture from several months ago is back in its place. I have no clue why it's doing this.

It's obviously not a major problem, but it is sort of annoying and puzzling.