Moto X (1st gen): XT1053 GSM Unlocked (T-Mobile) 5.1 Lollipop Update

jl60657

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I updated my T-mobile (unlocked) edition to Android 5.1 on Friday. Today, I discovered wifi tethering no longer works. It had worked fine in Android 4.4.4. I have tried the adb "settings put global tether_dun_required 0" fix suggested elsewhere, and that did not work. I'm on Straight Talk, and yes, I know that tethering is not officially allowed on ST. I didn't use it much except for the rare occasion when I'm traveling. Very frustrated with Google and Motorola right now.

magicaldeck

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I also use Straight Talk's Tmobile sim, but tethering never worked for me on kitkat. In fact, I am still on kitkat and it doesn't work right now.

SiliconFiend

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I updated my T-mobile (unlocked) edition to Android 5.1 on Friday. Today, I discovered wifi tethering no longer works. It had worked fine in Android 4.4.4. I have tried the adb "settings put global tether_dun_required 0" fix suggested elsewhere, and that did not work. I'm on Straight Talk, and yes, I know that tethering is not officially allowed on ST. I didn't use it much except for the rare occasion when I'm traveling. Very frustrated with Google and Motorola right now.
Have you tried adding ",dun" to the APN type? Ref here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-x-rooting-roms-hacks/361831-unrestricted-tether-t-mobile-no-root.html It's possible it only works with T-Mobile though (and I don't know if it works with lollipop).

Patra Wilson

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Please how do I make my phone upgraded faster. It's been taking forever to download the new software. I started since last week Monday (22-06-2015) and it is still on 9% today (01-07-2015). Please advice. Thanks. Patra

warmonked

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
So it's been a around a month since the update to 5.1. How are people finding the update?

Personally... I am finding performance to be atrocious. Everything lags and is slower (yes, I did do a cache partition wipe). It's bad enough that I've started looking into how to do a rollback...

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm finding the update to be working just fine on my XT1058. The only thing that I'm not too crazy about is how some icons notifications show up as a plain white square and some actually have the appropriate icon show up on my status bar.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk