Moto X (2013) - Major problems after Lollipop update, can I please get some help?

spineshade

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Moto X (2013) - Major Problems After Lollipop Update

So i see all of this and now got a message from my girlfriend that her moto x on Verizon updated and she is had issues with texts not sending u til. A few moments ago and google play services needs updating but Google play services keeps failing. We are going to try to clear the cache of that app and Uninstaller updates and such when she gets home. We are on Verizon so curious if others out in big red land are having this issue

Posted via the Android Central App

rmn_cats

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

Yes spineshade, I'm on Verizon and am having the same problems as your girlfriend. My texts are actually sending, but they never say "sent", just say "sending". Google Play Services is not the most up to date version and I can't update any app at all from Google Play. The pin pad to unlock my phone with doesn't always pop up, the phone just is not locked, and the phone freezes constantly requiring my to re-start it. Oh, also the typing is really laggy for both email and texts and while texting the phone keeps offering too erase common words from it's word prediction.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Google Play Services will update itself on its own in the background. Any time you upgrade to a major OS release, I recommend plugging in the phone and walking away for a couple of hours. After that, reboot. Technically, a true factory reset is ideal but any major release can take a few days to sort itself out.

Posted via Android Central App

lissuhllama

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site

I updated my Moto X 2013 (Verizon) to Lollipop, excited it FINALLY came, only to find my phone is also sluggish. I cleared the cache and solved the speed issue. It also made my play store update too. However, I can't update any of my other apps or even get my email to open. We are improving though!

wplust

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

I updated my Moto X 2013 (Verizon) to Lollipop, excited it FINALLY came, only to find my phone is also sluggish. I cleared the cache and solved the speed issue. It also made my play store update too. However, I can't update any of my other apps or even get my email to open. We are improving though!
Did you try clearing cache of the email app by going to settings->apps? I read that may work for email problems after update.

Sent from my XT1060 Moto X DE

lissuhllama

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site

I couldn't get it to load "clear cache" for a very long time until a minute ago. Just tried it, now Gmails are coming in like crazy, but no emails from my other account yet. I'm still hopeful! I also got a notification on Facebook Messenger so.. progress.

ttfn92

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

So i see all of this and now got a message from my girlfriend that her moto x on Verizon updated and she is had issues with texts not sending u til. A few moments ago and google play services needs updating but Google play services keeps failing. We are going to try to clear the cache of that app and Uninstaller updates and such when she gets home. We are on Verizon so curious if others out in big red land are having this issue

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm having the same problem. I've tried updating play multiple times and it gets stuck at 35% and then will say it's not responding. I can't send out receive texts, my email won't open and my battery completely drained in a couple of hours with only making a couple of phone calls.

Paul Masullo

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
SO in a nut shell, my cell is only good for calls and internet . None of my apps are updating and I have no text messaging incoming or outgoing at all. my cell dies in 4 hours, if that, and airplane mode is not even working correctly. Verizon told me it was in this new update ! My smart phone turned into a basic phone to make calls. I called Moto and they were nice but had to follow the trouble shoot guide. basically a factory reset or a phone replacement. Verizon said it could take up to a month for them to solve this problem and fix all the bugs. they said basically to get a old phone to use and wait for it get updated again. I should of never updated the Phone!

ttfn92

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
SO in a nut shell, my cell is only good for calls and internet . None of my apps are updating and I have no text messaging incoming or outgoing at all. my cell dies in 4 hours, if that, and airplane mode is not even working correctly. Verizon told me it was in this new update ! My smart phone turned into a basic phone to make calls. I called Moto and they were nice but had to follow the trouble shoot guide. basically a factory reset or a phone replacement. Verizon said it could take up to a month for them to solve this problem and fix all the bugs. they said basically to get a old phone to use and wait for it get updated again. I should of never updated the Phone!

A month?!?! I guess you saved me a trip to Verizon tomorrow. This sucks big time!!

ttfn92

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Update: I cleared DATA and Cache, Logged back into my email account, and it pulled my emails! Woohoo! Onto the next project..

What does clearing the data do? Do you lose anything important? I don't care too much at this point but I want to know before I do it.

posey54

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm also on Verizon. Installed the new Lollipop update and now nothing works very well, if at all. Texts take a day to send or receive. I keep getting error code 504 and Google play services can't install properly because background data is restricted. It's NOT restricted. I've turned it off and on multiple times. I tried to wipe the cache partition and reboot. Still same errors. I just bought my MotoX a few months ago. NOT HAPPY!

jacksondb

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
After reading about the grief my fellow Moto X 2013 Verizon users have had, I'd like to stick to KK. How do I stop the daily reminders prompting me to update to 5.1...and remove the notification in the top pull-down? Thanks in advance!

zateycu09

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Updated my Moto X two days ago, after which it wouldn't connect to my mobile network. I could still use data -- texts worked -- and wifi, but no calls in or out because it told me I wasn't connected. It seemed to resolve itself when Google Play Services finally updated overnight, but then yesterday I was connected (two to three bars, 4G, the works) and it would attempt to make calls, but after a bit it would give up and tell me I wasn't connected to my cell network. I visited my local Verizon rep, and they seemed to get it working, but today I'm back to no network connection. No texts, no calls.

Last edited:

jlk29

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issues with texts being delayed both ways and the white screen on opening email. Cleared cache and data on my email. Had to setup the email account again but did that without issue and pulled mail. Old emails were still available. We'll see how text issues go.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm also on Verizon. Installed the new Lollipop update and now nothing works very well, if at all. Texts take a day to send or receive. I keep getting error code 504 and Google play services can't install properly because background data is restricted. It's NOT restricted. I've turned it off and on multiple times. I tried to wipe the cache partition and reboot. Still same errors. I just bought my MotoX a few months ago. NOT HAPPY!

Factory reset.

Shannah Mort

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site

I had a problem like this with Mobile Data, which i just fixed this afternoon with the help of Tech Support from Motorola. I also have T-Mobile service and the guy I spoke to said that he's seen a few cases like this since the Lollipop update, all on T-Mobile phones. Maybe his solution for me will work for you as well:

Go to Settings > More > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names.

Click on the one that says, "T-Mobile US 260 LTE". Don't select it. Click on the left side of it so you can Edit it.

Scroll through the settings. Make sure the following things are set correctly:

MCC - 310
MNC - 260
APN type - default,mms,supl,hipri,fota (no spaces)
APN protocol - IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol - IPv4/IPv6

Click on the three dots in the upper right corner and Save.

If T-Mobile US 260 LTE isn't the selected choice, select it now. Then, reboot the phone and test your mobile data connection with WiFi turned off.

I am having the same issue but my phone is from Verizon. Please tell me this will work on a Verizon phone, I'm furious that I may have to buy a new phone!

rmn_cats

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

My phone is still working poorly even after I cleared the cache partition, about the only thing it can do is make phone calls and show me my email when it doesn't freeze that is (so happy my MXPE is supposed to show up on Thursday!).

I was wondering if anyone could kindly answer 2 questions for me? First, somehow my app drawer icon has vanished itself, so I can't access any of my apps that aren't on one of my home screens. Is there a way to get it back? I have ADW Lancher on the phone so I tried fiddling around with the app drawer settings, but that didn't do anything. Or, is there another way I can access my apps?

Secondly, and pardon me if this is a stupid question, if I do a factory reset, that doesn't do anything to the sim card, does it? I need the sim card for my new phone when it shows up. Or, can I still do a factory reset once a take out the sim card, but with the phone still having wifi access?

Thank you so much to anyone who can help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1