So I just installed the 5.1 update and nearly everything works well. I use a Bluetooth headset a lot for podcasts, Audible books, and some music. The only thing that doesn't work well is my podcaster, Doggcatcher (DC). Audio plays well, but the play/pause button on the Bluetooth headset no longer works (event log seems to show that it's not receiving the signal from Android). DC support and developers are stumped. Note: Audible works fine. Pandora works fine. Just not DC. (Please don't suggest switching podcast players: DC does what I want otherwise.) Has anybody had this specific problem? Has anyone fixed this kind of problem?
    06-28-2015 01:40 PM
    Never had or fixed the problem, but if only 1 app isn't receiving the signal from the button, it's a call in the app that's not written correctly for the changes made in 5.1. If they're testing if with a different headset, phone, carrier or version of Android, they may not catch it. (This is the kind of problem that can take full-time work for months just to diagnose, so don't expect them to devote that much effort, unless it's a large company and they can spare an analyst and some equipment for a while.)
    Lansdowne Mike likes this.
    06-28-2015 03:11 PM