Someone had suggested to me that factory resetting my phone would eliminate the problem I've been having of "Mobile Standby" eating over 50% of my battery usage. It seemed to eliminate the problem for a couple of days, but I noticed it again today.

Does anyone know what this is, and what causes it to just keep running and using up battery? And why has the problem cropped up only since my Android 5.1 update? How do I eliminate the problem? It is a particular app that's causing it?

Some insight would really be appreciated. Thanks!
    07-02-2015 01:51 AM
    Someone had suggested to me that factory resetting my phone would eliminate the problem I've been having of "Mobile Standby" eating over 50% of my battery usage. It seemed to eliminate the problem for a couple of days, but I noticed it again today.

Does anyone know what this is, and what causes it to just keep running and using up battery? And why has the problem cropped up only since my Android 5.1 update? How do I eliminate the problem? It is a particular app that's causing it?

Some insight would really be appreciated. Thanks!
    This is a problem in the percentage being displayed. Your device isn't really draining as significantly as that percentage tells you. You will have to ignore the value and basically any value as a percentage till the issue is resolved. Use GSam Battery to see how battery is performing. Overall. My battery is lasting longer on lollipop than kitkat. If that's the case for you, just don't go to that screen expecting the truth.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    b_slow1 likes this.
    07-12-2015 11:50 AM
    Dies this look normal? Phone will not last a whole day now.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
    jmcp4372 likes this.
    07-14-2015 09:40 PM
    Stand by at 16 percent is high but it's not an accurately displayed value. Try installing GSam Battery monitor. See my image, it has phone radio at a low percentage. I'm draining by battery thus the screen being on for the past hour.... "Mobile Standby" battery drain is back....-uploadfromtaptalk1436928094159.png

drew_sf likes this.
    07-14-2015 10:42 PM
    This is a problem in the percentage being displayed. Your device isn't really draining as significantly as that percentage tells you. You will have to ignore the value and basically any value as a percentage till the issue is resolved. Use GSam Battery to see how battery is performing. Overall. My battery is lasting longer on lollipop than kitkat. If that's the case for you, just don't go to that screen expecting the truth.

It seems that you were correct all along. I've been monitoring the battery and my usage for over a month now, trying to determine whether or not I'm getting better/worse battery life with Lollipop, and whether or not my phone is in fact draining battery with the "Mobile Standby" bug.

After paying attention as carefully as I can, the battery does not seem to drain any faster when the "Mobile Standby" issue arises, though I still don't know what triggers it. And it is strange to see something in battery statistics supposedly eating as much as 80% of my battery (as it appeared yesterday).

Additionally, my average battery usage on Lollipop is approximately 5% better than on KitKat. Not earth-shattering (and probably not what was advertised and promised), but as long as it's not worse, I'm fine with it.

Thank you for the GSam Battery suggestion; it's been very helpful.
    09-03-2015 09:06 PM
    its not a reporting but but an actual bug which don't close the mobile radio after switching to WiFi. The solution i have found is to try to switch between data and WiFi couple of times and observe if the radio is still active or not. mostly it stocked off on 2nd or 3rd attempt
    09-07-2015 05:56 PM
    its not a reporting but but an actual bug which don't close the mobile radio after switching to WiFi. The solution i have found is to try to switch between data and WiFi couple of times and observe if the radio is still active or not. mostly it stocked off on 2nd or 3rd attempt
    If that were the case though, I figured I would notice obvious battery drain when the problem cropped up compared to when it didn't. After studying the phone's battery life for a month, that didn't seem to be the case. And when looking at GSam, it doesn't indicate that there is any abnormal usage/draining that shouldn't be there from a radio not being turned off.
    09-08-2015 01:45 PM