11-15-2015 02:28 PM
88 1234
tools
    I updated to 5.1 and have issues/questions. Turning on my phone is about a 20 minute process, as it "configures" each app on my phone. Not only does this chew up about 10% of my batter life, but makes start-up a pain. My overall battery life is reduced as well. I see AT&T has suspended the 5.1 upgrade. I'm hoping they address the issues I'm noticing. Anyone else experiencing these issues?
    07-22-2015 07:05 AM
    I updated to 5.1 and have issues/questions. Turning on my phone is about a 20 minute process, as it "configures" each app on my phone. Not only does this chew up about 10% of my batter life, but makes start-up a pain. My overall battery life is reduced as well. I see AT&T has suspended the 5.1 upgrade. I'm hoping they address the issues I'm noticing. Anyone else experiencing these issues?
    I had that happen when I first gotten the update. Minus the battery part

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-22-2015 07:07 AM
    Do you still have the problem, or did it resolve itself somehow?
    07-22-2015 07:11 AM
    Do you still have the problem, or did it resolve itself somehow?
    I kinda went around and didn't hold the power button long when I turned on the phone

07-22-2015 07:12 AM
    Hard reset on this, no luck.

I can't post the link, but AT&T actually pulled the update.
    It was pulled, here's the AT&T link Update the Software for the Motorola Moto X (XT1058)- AT&T Wireless Support
    07-22-2015 09:16 AM
    For those of you following - just got off the phone with AT&T (1045 AM EST). My account # is attached to an error resolution group - I will receive a call or text message from them with updates.

Was the default setting to sync contacts with AT&T address book and not google? I can't remember how I got myself into contact syncing in two different places (other than I'm an *****)

[still under 10 posts, sorry for no quotes on the link!]
    07-22-2015 09:50 AM
    When I factory reset, I had to enter my Google info then it asked me if I wanted to sync my contacts from ATT. I said yes. This procedure, factory reset, cured my problems. But I had to reenter all my app user info.

07-22-2015 10:08 AM
    I just had the issue with not receiving MMS after 5.1 update and managed to fix it by accident.

Go to Settings > Wireless & networks (more) > Cellular networks > Access Point Names
    Now click the overflow menu (vertical 3 dots)
    Choose Reset to default

All of the messages poured in

Hope this helps someone
    07-23-2015 03:23 PM
    This is what's up: (From Schuster)

I want to get give an update on the Android Lollipop 5.1 upgrade for Moto X (1st Gen) on AT&T. As many of you know, we have stopped the deployment due to an issue that was uncovered.

About 1/3 of the user base has been upgraded and a very small percentage have reported an issue of lost contacts and/or issues of sync'ing with the AT&T Address Book.

We are making progress in understanding the root cause and hope to have it resolved shortly. I will keep you upto date as soon as there is more information.
    Laura Knotek and Ghani94 like this.
    07-23-2015 03:44 PM
    Anyone else having issues with the YouTube App?

Attached Thumbnails At&t Moto X (2013) Lollipop Update-168659.jpg  
    07-23-2015 08:36 PM
    This is what's up: (From Schuster)
    I'm one of those who upgraded, and I don't have any issues. However, I've never used AT&T Address Book. I simply use my Google Account for my contacts, especially since I also have a WiFi-only Android tablet that has nothing to do with AT&T (or any other carrier).
    07-23-2015 09:54 PM
    Anyone else having issues with the YouTube App?

Are you trying to play the video using WiFi? It looks like you have bad signal strength on that WiFi network. Does it play if you turn off WiFi and use mobile data?
    07-23-2015 09:55 PM
    It's not the signal. This happens with WiFi and Data even with good signal

07-23-2015 09:59 PM
    Same for me

07-24-2015 12:54 AM
    Got an update notice for 5.1 tried to download, my screen went black thend it said my system was up to date with 4.4 anyone else have this happen
    07-24-2015 06:44 AM
    AT&T took it down

07-24-2015 07:41 AM
    Well, i didn`t like it.
    The layout is really great and some new features are useful, BUT only this.

The Active Display is out (and was one of the old functions that I really loved and used a lot…)
    The bluetooth audio is terrible with a lot of noises and crashes withou any reason.
    The Lollipop is really faster than Kitkat? So why it is crashing all the time? The Kitkat runs more fluid.
    Ok to the new function to lantern, but is very annoying to touch a several times to turn it on. Why don`t add a widget for this? I still have my app tools for this… The same thing to Data Connection… why not include a widget to turn it on faster? Now i need to touch 4 ou 5 times to do this. Before I used a app, now nor this.
    The connection or opening Chrome, Youtube, Facebook and Whatsapp is slower than KitKat….

Detail: I reset my Moto X after updating.
    I really want a new update or downgrade to KitKat
    07-24-2015 12:53 PM
    Active Display still works. And I agree sometimes I wish I stuck with kit kat but oh well

07-24-2015 12:56 PM
    I got the upgrade a week ago. I'm also on att. Now I keep getting chimes that I never had before. When I wake the screen, it chimes. It chimes for no reason. The new chime is a dink dink sound. I've turned off notifications every place I can find them.

Anybody have this issue? How can I fix it?
    07-25-2015 07:40 PM
    I got the upgrade a week ago. I'm also on att. Now I keep getting chimes that I never had before. When I wake the screen, it chimes. It chimes for no reason. The new chime is a dink dink sound. I've turned off notifications every place I can find them.

Anybody have this issue? How can I fix it?
    Sound and notification > other sounds

Turn off screen locking sounds.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    07-25-2015 07:48 PM
    Sound and notification > other sounds

Turn off screen locking sounds.

Thank you for that. But as I said I turned off all notifications, including those. Those are all off, yet the chimes continue. It also chimes when I plug it in to charge.

I'm also getting the same issue where it optimizes all apps on startup. It does it every time, but the number of apps may change. When I first did the upgrade, it optimized 143 apps. This time it optimized 103. I did not delete 40 apps.
    07-25-2015 08:21 PM
    Thank you for that. But as I said I turned off all notifications, including those. Those are all off, yet the chimes continue. It also chimes when I plug it in to charge.

I'm also getting the same issue where it optimizes all apps on startup. It does it every time, but the number of apps may change. When I first did the upgrade, it optimized 143 apps. This time it optimized 103. I did not delete 40 apps.
    That's really strange. Mine doesn't make those sounds, and the only time it did the app optimizing was when I first installed Lollipop 5.1.

07-25-2015 08:25 PM

Android only optimizes the programs upon starting up that it feels need to be optimized at that time. It does not optimize every app every time when it does this optimization process.

Cindy

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-25-2015 08:51 PM
    Android only optimizes the programs upon starting up that it feels need to be optimized at that time. It does not optimize every app every time when it does this optimization process.

Cindy

Not true. I just booted it again, and it optimized all 103 apps again.
    07-25-2015 08:59 PM
    Not true. I just booted it again, and it optimized all 103 apps again.
    Whatever. Normally, mine doesn’t optimize each app on my phone every time my phone boots up.

Cindy

07-25-2015 09:04 PM
88 1234