At&t Moto X (2013) Lollipop Update

mojofusion

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded the upgrade a few nites ago. I lost over 200 contacts, and can't send group or picture texts anymore. I tried syncing my contacts over the network but wouldnt work. Finally just downloaded a copy to my pc and hard wired I to my phone. After that I cleared the cache through recovery and I tried 3 different messaging apps to send group and pic texts but still doesn't work. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Lollipop has been great on both of my Moto X 2013s (XT1053 and XT1058). Considering the age of the devices it runs very smoothly. A plus for me: I was able to quit running Power Toggles as the quick toggles in Lollipop offer all the same functions as I had Power Toggles configured to offer.

jhnstn00

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded the upgrade a few nites ago. I lost over 200 contacts, and can't send group or picture texts anymore. I tried syncing my contacts over the network but wouldnt work. Finally just downloaded a copy to my pc and hard wired I to my phone. After that I cleared the cache through recovery and I tried 3 different messaging apps to send group and pic texts but still doesn't work. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App
Have you tried changing APN settings? Settings/more/cellular network/access point names
Is your correct carrier listed?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

jhnstn00

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else getting static noise in the speaker since the update?

Posted via the Android Central App
My static (it's much more like distortion and elevation of the spoken voice) is only with text to speech when moto speaks out sms or responds to my requests.

I think you are referring to static that can be replicated with volume button?

Breezy1019

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
My static (it's much more like distortion and elevation of the spoken voice) is only with text to speech when moto speaks out sms or responds to my requests.

I think you are referring to static that can be replicated with volume button?

You mean if it's caused by the volume button? Then yes. And I also heard the static while using Spotify earlier today.

jhnstn00

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You mean if it's caused by the volume button? Then yes. And I also heard the static while using Spotify earlier today.

I read somewhere that hard reset sometimes resolved the issue. But sometimes it created the issue. In other words every install behaves differently. I don't have the volume button issue. Just text to speech woes. Good luck

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone! Something that I've noticed with the Lollipop update versus KitKat. On some of my notifications in Lollipop, the app notification on my status bar shows up as a plain white box. This didn't happen on my phone when it was running KitKat. I've only had Lollipop for only one day so there may be something that I'm missing but is there any way that I can change that in Lollipop so I can tell which app is sending me a notification without tapping the top of the phone to get a list of notifications so I can tell which ones I can safely ignore and which ones to pay attention to? This happens with a lot of the news apps, my prescription tracking app, and especially my NASCAR app. It's more of an inconvenience to me (no big deal) but if there's something that I can do to fix this, I want to be able to do it.

Any help I can get on this would be greatly appreciated. Other than this, I'm loving the Lollipop update!

Cindy
I think that's Lollipop, not the Moto X.

I also have a Nexus 7 that's had Lollipop ever since I got it 4 months ago.

I've always seen a white square for the Cleveland.com app in the notification bar on my tablet.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I think that's Lollipop, not the Moto X.

I also have a Nexus 7 that's had Lollipop ever since I got it 4 months ago.

I've always seen a white square for the Cleveland.com app in the notification bar on my tablet.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
I have a feeling that it is something in Lollipop but am just wondering if there's something in Lollipop's settings that I'm just not finding that may help remedy this issue.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling that it is something in Lollipop but am just wondering if there's something in Lollipop's settings that I'm just not finding that may help remedy this issue.

I really didn't look for a fix, since I've seen it on my tablet for 4 months. Here's a screenshot from my tablet not my phone.
70dd9583482ee412a53ba07761fe177d.jpg

That's the only app that does it for me.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I really didn't look for a fix, since I've seen it on my tablet for 4 months. Here's a screenshot from my tablet not my phone.
//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/15/70dd9583482ee412a53ba07761fe177d.jpg
That's the only app that does it for me.

I've got three or four that I know do this on me. My medication tracking apps (Dosecase and Care4Today MHM), NASCAR Mobile, and 14News (Evansville). I'm always one of those that's not necessarily content with the status quo. If I find an issue, I like to see if there's a fix for it. I even use a custom launcher because I don't like how the layout is on my phone with the stock browser. I prefer using Nova Launcher Prime. I can get most things just the way that I like them using that.

Cindy

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I've got three or four that I know do this on me. My medication tracking apps (Dosecase and Care4Today MHM), NASCAR Mobile, and 14News (Evansville). I'm always one of those that's not necessarily content with the status quo. If I find an issue, I like to see if there's a fix for it. I even use a custom launcher because I don't like how the layout is on my phone with the stock browser. I prefer using Nova Launcher Prime. I can get most things just the way that I like them using that.

Cindy
I also use Nova Launcher on both my phone and my tablet.

As for the square icon in the notifications, I didn't even know it's a bug until you mentioned it, since I got the tablet before the phone and always had Lollipop on the tablet.

I'm interested if you find a fix, but my guess is that it's not Lollipop but the apps need to be updated by the developers for Lollipop. Perhaps they never updated their apps for Lollipop.

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I also use Nova Launcher on both my phone and my tablet.

As for the square icon in the notifications, I didn't even know it's a bug until you mentioned it, since I got the tablet before the phone and always had Lollipop on the tablet.

I'm interested if you find a fix, but my guess is that it's not Lollipop but the apps need to be updated by the developers for Lollipop. Perhaps they never updated their apps for Lollipop.

I agree ??????

I have a feeling that you all are right about this but I would like to try and see if there's a workaround for this. Can't hurt to try and find something if it's out there.

Ghani94

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I can't seem to install the update it always says software update unsuccessful (moto x 1st gen 5.1 update) can anyone help me please? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome