At&t Moto X (2013) Lollipop Update

carlMode

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Since the update, overall it's been good. Doesn't seem to run as smoothly as KitKat at times. Find myself having to close out applications that aren't responding. Not sure if its because of the update but YouTube has been alot more unresponsive when it comes to playing videos. Twitter makes a popping noise when I refresh the feed. Bugs here and there.. it's an 'ok' update. Nice features but seems to me upgrading to the new Moto G3 or X3 is more necessary at this point. Marketing strategy maybe?

Posted via the Android Central App

legolas13

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I got the update to 5.1 2 weeks ago. I have had no problems. Battery life is better than ever. Getting more than 24 hours on a single charge. No static in the speaker what so ever. Faster and smoother software response. Very pleased!

Posted via Android Central App

Breezy1019

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I got the update to 5.1 2 weeks ago. I have had no problems. Battery life is better than ever. Getting more than 24 hours on a single charge. No static in the speaker what so ever. Faster and smoother software response. Very pleased!

Posted via Android Central App

What carrier? My AT&T model only has 5.1

shyam-motoX

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Android version 5.1 updated in my phone. Address book got messed up. Nothing is showing up. there are some postings with Nexus phone having same issues. every thing is lost in my phone. any one can help me?

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Android version 5.1 updated in my phone. Address book got messed up. Nothing is showing up. there are some postings with Nexus phone having same issues. every thing is lost in my phone. any one can help me?

Lots of chatter on the Moto Forum about the AT&T missing contacts...sounds like AT&T has to 're-authorize' the 5.1 Lollipop OG Moto X on their network to straighten it out. I'd call AT&T.

jhnstn00

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: At&t Moto X (2013) Lollipop Update

What carrier? My AT&T model only has 5.1

We all have 5.1. Lego... was saying 2 weeks ago, not that (s)he has version 5.12

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rbaohio

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I updated to 5.1 and have issues/questions. Turning on my phone is about a 20 minute process, as it "configures" each app on my phone. Not only does this chew up about 10% of my batter life, but makes start-up a pain. My overall battery life is reduced as well. I see AT&T has suspended the 5.1 upgrade. I'm hoping they address the issues I'm noticing. Anyone else experiencing these issues?

Breezy1019

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I updated to 5.1 and have issues/questions. Turning on my phone is about a 20 minute process, as it "configures" each app on my phone. Not only does this chew up about 10% of my batter life, but makes start-up a pain. My overall battery life is reduced as well. I see AT&T has suspended the 5.1 upgrade. I'm hoping they address the issues I'm noticing. Anyone else experiencing these issues?
I had that happen when I first gotten the update. Minus the battery part

jbette01

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
For those of you following - just got off the phone with AT&T (1045 AM EST). My account # is attached to an error resolution group - I will receive a call or text message from them with updates.

Was the default setting to sync contacts with AT&T address book and not google? I can't remember how I got myself into contact syncing in two different places (other than I'm an *****)

[still under 10 posts, sorry for no quotes on the link!]

mojofusion

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
When I factory reset, I had to enter my Google info then it asked me if I wanted to sync my contacts from ATT. I said yes. This procedure, factory reset, cured my problems. But I had to reenter all my app user info.

Blah

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I just had the issue with not receiving MMS after 5.1 update and managed to fix it by accident.

Go to Settings > Wireless & networks (more) > Cellular networks > Access Point Names
Now click the overflow menu (vertical 3 dots)
Choose Reset to default

All of the messages poured in

Hope this helps someone

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
This is what's up: (From Schuster)

I want to get give an update on the Android Lollipop 5.1 upgrade for Moto X (1st Gen) on AT&T. As many of you know, we have stopped the deployment due to an issue that was uncovered.

About 1/3 of the user base has been upgraded and a very small percentage have reported an issue of lost contacts and/or issues of sync'ing with the AT&T Address Book.

We are making progress in understanding the root cause and hope to have it resolved shortly. I will keep you upto date as soon as there is more information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair