I'm running an AT&T branded 2013 Moto X on Cricket and recently applied the 5.1 update. Unfortunately, the update didn't go smoothly. After quite a bit of messing around, I finally got it to boot, but since then things have been wonky. I've done a factory reset, but the following issues still persist. Is there a way to reflash the OS since a factory reset hasn't helped? Is there something else I should try?

• "Optimizing Apps" on almost every boot. Makes rebooting quite slow.
    • Weird crashing (today I hit the power button to turn my screen on and my music suddenly stopped, the middle of the Moto boot logo (the part with the thread) played then the phone rebooted).
    • Various Bluetooth issues. The most annoying is that when I'm listening to music and a text comes in, all kinds of things go wrong. The music starts blaring from the phone's speaker, my voice commands are never heard like it isn't listening, etc.

I love this phone, but these issues are a major annoyance.

Thanks in advance for any help.

P.S. In case you are interested in the details of the update: I had my phone encrypted. After the update applied, during the first boot I was asked to enter my password. When I did, it said "Checking" for a very long time (before it was always instantly started booting after entering the password). After quite a while, an error came up saying that my password was correct, but unfortunately my data had been corrupted. For the next couple hours, I went through many different reboot cycles trying to get either Android to boot or get into recover and wipe the phone, but no matter what I did, the phone either auto-rebooted or gave a cryptic error. I tried every option and eventually gave up and set the phone down. After about 10 minutes or so, to my surprise, I was at the "Optimizing Apps" screen and then Android finished booting like nothing had happened. Everything seemed OK, but to be safe I went ahead and did a factory reset anyway and manually reinstalled all apps (no restoring of apps or data).
    07-29-2015 11:45 AM
    You could try reflashing, or you could bring the phone into an AT&T Device Support Center and ask them to please fix the problem the update caused. Back everything up (see Backing up an Android Device) because they'll probably flash the ROM from scratch, which will wipe out all your data.
    Lord_MiL likes this.
    07-29-2015 12:20 PM
    Would AT&T service the device even though I bought the device outright and have always been on cricKet?

It looks like the update was pulled by AT&T so maybe the next update will fix my issues. If it doesn't, do I manually reflash by just dropping the update .zip on my phone then applying it from recovery? Or are there extra steps since this is a locked bootloader?
    07-31-2015 08:09 AM