Strange problem occurring here. Don't know if this is just how it's supposed to work now since the Android 5.1 update or not. But whenever I say the command, "What's Up?", the response is: "Hello, here are some things you can try", followed by a list of other commands that I can use when using Touchless Controls. It used to tell me the time and repeat any messages I had received.

Does anyone know what happened here?
    08-20-2015 05:09 AM
    Update: Apparently, the phrase you're supposed to say now is "What's New?" instead of "What's Up?" Didn't know they made that change.

Update #2: I think my phone is "special". Other people don't seem to have this issue.
    Slow_S10 likes this.
    08-20-2015 05:23 AM
    Good to know, thanks!
    08-20-2015 07:38 AM
    "What's up?" works for me. "What's new?" does not.
    08-20-2015 09:11 AM
    "What's up?" works for me. "What's new?" does not.
    That's interesting...Has your phone been updated to Android 5.1?

When I go into the Moto App, and I click on the "More" link near the bottom, it brings up a short list of commands that you can say. "What's New?" is there, and "What's up?" is gone. So, like I said in the OP, when I say, "What's up?", instead of doing what it used to do, it shows me a list of other commands I can try.
    08-20-2015 04:00 PM
    That's interesting...Has your phone been updated to Android 5.1?
    Yep, XT1053, Lollipop 5.1 on Consumer Cellular, Moto version 3.0.49

When I go into the Moto App, and I click on the "More" link near the bottom, it brings up a short list of commands that you can say. "What's New?" is there, and "What's up?" is gone.
    On mine "What's up?" is there, "What's new?" is not.

So, like I said in the OP, when I say, "What's up?", instead of doing what it used to do, it shows me a list of other commands I can try.
    Are you in the US? What carrier?
    08-20-2015 04:09 PM
    Yep, XT1053, Lollipop 5.1 on Consumer Cellular, Moto version 3.0.49

On mine "What's up?" is there, "What's new?" is not.

Are you in the US? What carrier?
    That is wild...

Yes, I'm in the U.S., using T-Mobile. I wonder if it has something to do with me switching the language settings to English (UK)... I tried switching it back to English (US) at one point yesterday but it didn't seem to make a difference. Maybe I missed another setting that I changed a while ago.
    08-20-2015 06:04 PM
    That is wild...

Yes, I'm in the U.S., using T-Mobile. I wonder if it has something to do with me switching the language settings to English (UK)... I tried switching it back to English (US) at one point yesterday but it didn't seem to make a difference. Maybe I missed another setting that I changed a while ago.
    Ah, that may be it. I seem to remember that in the UK it responds to "What's new?" rather than "What's up?". There is a thread around here about it somewhere but I don't seem to be able to find it. You might try clearing the apps data and cache but you would then have to retrain the launch phrase.
    08-20-2015 06:13 PM
    Same thing with me. This is one of my pet peeves, it happens periodically and then will suddenly get fixed and I have no clue what causes the changes. Also, an ongoing problem: I used to be able to ask "OK, Google Now, what my next appointment?" and it would tell me what my next calendar entry was. It hasn't done that in a while. Very quirky operation from one of my favorite features on the Moto X. I wish they would fix it.
    08-21-2015 02:42 AM
    If I do OK Google Now and the What's New it dials voice mail. What's Up gives me the time and not do much going on around here.
    08-21-2015 08:32 PM