If you still have your original battery, maybe you should replace it like I did.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
About a week ago, I had my battery replaced on my almost 2 year old moto X. It's amazing how much difference it has made. I just thought my decreased battery life was due to all the apps and things that I have on my phone along with Android wear. But, it wasn't. Putting a new battery in this phone has made me rethink whether I want to get a new phone this year. I was still getting a day of use out of my phone, but, there was virtually none left at the end of my day. Now, it's back to what I remember when I first got it, about 30 percent or more left at the end of a day. If you haven't considered replacing your battery on your aging Moto X, I would highly suggest you do. Especially if you plan on keeping your phone for a while longer.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that info! That makes sense--two years is about the time that batteries can start to show some wear and tear. It depends in part on how the user treats the battery over its life. If you habitually discharge it deeply (i.e., down to 20% or lower), it can decrease the overall lifespan of the battery.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Who did you have received place the battery and cost?

I bought the battery off of Amazon for about eight bucks. A friend of mine works at a shop that repairs phones and other electronic equipment, so he has all of that kind of stuff at home too. So it cost me a 12 pack of his favorite beer for him to do it.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2