Lollipop 5.1 + StageFright: Verizon Moto X XT1060 (222.26.7.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US)

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
In kit kat, my textra app had the ability to turn on cellular data whenever it detected I was sending/receiving an MMS and automatically turn it on to send/receive the message, and then return cellular data off (if it was off originally). That API is gone in Lollipop.

Sent from my XT1060 Moto X DE
Ahh. Gotcha

Sent from my XT1575

NikkiMT

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I I stalled the update and have experienced horrible battery drain ever since. In the battery usage it show android os has used 86% of the battery. It discharges the full battery in roughly 2 hours. I had no problems before upgrading to lollipop.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gmanmonster

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Battery Drain Issue

The only thing that work for me was a FDR, once that was done, everything seems to work fine now.

I used Helium to back up and restore. DO NOT expect Lollipop to save much.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Even with helium, I dread a reset due to dates on pictures. If you keep all your pictures in Google's cloud only, you have no worries, but if you like to have them physically on your phone then you get all of your pictures with the current date when you import them.

Scott LaCroix

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Ever since the update I have had problems with my phone.

I had to go through the same "multiple app update / restart" dance that everyone else did, I'm still getting app updates for things that have already updated. Google Play Services took 3 tries before it finally updated, and as many reboots. But eventually everything seems stable. CPU usage was high, the phone was generally warm as it was working all the time... lord knows what it was doing, but that stabilized as well.

But a couple problems have been there since the update and haven't gone away

1) every now and then (once a day now... it was more) the phone will get REALLY slow / laggy. All apps, even unlocking the screen will be slow
2) during that time text messages will become unpredictable. Sometimes they won't be sent, the little spinny cirlce just sits there next to the message. Sometimes I don't get them... and suddenly I will get 2 or 3 or more in a row.
3) audio on phonecalls will unexpectedly STOP. There's a faint "static" noice for a split second, then nothing. I can't hear anything and the other person can't hear anything from me.
4) several times the phone has rebooted randomly and started "optimizing" apps all over again. This has not happened in 2 days... cross my fingers, maybe THAT has stopped

Yesterday I wiped the cache partition to see if that would resolve the issue, as some people said it helped them. That MIGHT have helped some things, I'm not sure yet... too soon to tell. But it did NOT help the audio cut-off problem.

I haven't seen the audio problem with anyone else yet... is anyone else seeing it? Has anyone found a resolution?

Keep in mind, up until the upgrade the phone was running PERFECTLY

Also, I have a ton of apps, including a custom launcher.

I know what's coming: "have you tried a factory reset?" ... No and I'm trying to avoid that... but if people say it will work, I might HAVE to go that route. Audio-cut out is not acceptable. Can't have a phone that's good at everything EXCEPT making calls.

Anyway... any help is appreciated!

Cocophone

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I've seen the same; though on my Nexus 7 (2012) pull-to-refresh still works in Now. A colleague indicated pull-to-refresh doesn't work on his OnePlus One either.
I solved my problem by uninstalling Google App and then reinstalling the Google App

It looks like a Moto X but its really a Twitter machine.

ICords81

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
These are the problems I'm having. Hangouts will randomly load to different places in a SMS thread, not to the newest message.

Also BT audio has been funky. I use a headset most days. Sometimes is drops connection. Also, I have Sync in my car. If I am streaming a podcast from my device, and a phone call comes in, it doesn't handle the switch well. Podcast won't stop playing through phone, Car behaves as it should. Only way to stop podcast is to kill PocketCast.

Posted via the Android Central App

FireMedic559

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
So lollipop hasn't been too bad since update however my battery has gone from 10-12 hrs to about 8. Think I have it down to poor radio reception. I have seen other posts with same idea. Definitely have a weaker signal and where I work the building eats signal so now have to charge battery around 2p and still kill it again by 10p. Is there anyway to update radio software without a fdr? Older phones you could just dial *228 nd update roaming list which would help a lot but not anymore. Any ideas? Otherwise going to try another reset. Thanks

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

TommyZ23

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Older phones you could just dial *228 nd update roaming list which would help a lot but not anymore. Any ideas? Otherwise going to try another reset. Thanks

There's no need for *228, it wouldn't help you in this case. I have the same low signal issue at work, but in my case it was there before the update.
I know my problem is the battery is shot, but it's not easy to change the battery in this phone.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
There's no need for *228, it wouldn't help you in this case. I have the same low signal issue at work, but in my case it was there before the update.
I know my problem is the battery is shot, but it's not easy to change the battery in this phone.

I got a quote from ubreakifix to replace the battery for $70.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
So lollipop hasn't been too bad since update however my battery has gone from 10-12 hrs to about 8. Think I have it down to poor radio reception. I have seen other posts with same idea. Definitely have a weaker signal and where I work the building eats signal so now have to charge battery around 2p and still kill it again by 10p. Is there anyway to update radio software without a fdr? Older phones you could just dial *228 nd update roaming list which would help a lot but not anymore. Any ideas? Otherwise going to try another reset. Thanks

I think there's something else going on. Yes, my phone is just as old as everyone else here, but the rate of battery drain has indeed increased lately. As in, I notice a difference from 2 months ago.

I have not updated yet, and am not discounting the possibilities that all of our batteries are hitting EOL at the same time. I'm also not ruling out a different update (app, play services, etc) not related to 5.1 that is less than optimal.