I can receive but not send text messages using the messaging app after updating to lollipop about an hour ago. Is anyone else experiencing this? Do you have any suggestions?
    09-14-2015 11:21 PM
    Did you try clearing Cache in your Messaging app?

Or consider switching to Hangouts, this works for me and the family, even the one poor soul with an iPhone.
    09-15-2015 06:20 AM
    Yes, also seeing this (5.1 version 222.26.7). Email app completely non-functional (blank screen) too.
    09-15-2015 10:25 AM
    I can receive but not send text messages using the messaging app after updating to lollipop about an hour ago. Is anyone else experiencing this? Do you have any suggestions?
    For me it says it wasn't sent but clearly was as the person responds to it.
    dmark44 likes this.
    09-15-2015 10:43 AM
    Yes, also seeing this (5.1 version 222.26.7). Email app completely non-functional (blank screen) too.
    What email app are you using?

I am using the Gmail app for Gmail & Hotmail & it is working just like before the 5.1 update for me. I'm on Verizon.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
    09-15-2015 11:12 AM
    I use Hangouts for my SMS, MMS & IM & it is working great after the 5.1 update on Verizon.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
    Tom in Bristol likes this.
    09-15-2015 11:14 AM
    I had two phones upgrade, one had both problems as to text and emails while the other had no issues. Does appear that the text eventually go out and are received even though is shows "sending". Somewhat frustrating.
    09-15-2015 07:51 PM
    I had the same issue with Hangouts. My phone never got past "Message not Sent. Tap to Retry." Yet my wife got the message 4 times (each time I tapped retry.) I got a response from her but it took more than ten minutes to arrive.

I switched to Google Messenger and so far so good.

I read about others having text issues on Hangouts with Lollipop, so I am thinking it's not specific to the Verizon build. In fact didn’t Google suggest other texting apps a little while back?
    09-15-2015 08:31 PM
    I had the same issue with Hangouts. My phone never got past "Message not Sent. Tap to Retry." Yet my wife got the message 4 times (each time I tapped retry.) I got a response from her but it took more than ten minutes to arrive.

I switched to Google Messenger and so far so good.

I read about others having text issues on Hangouts with Lollipop, so I am thinking it's not specific to the Verizon build. In fact didn’t Google suggest other texting apps a little while back?
    My issue was in Messenger, FYI.
    09-16-2015 07:46 AM
    Stock Moto email app (on Verizon). I did a backup and factory reset and this seems to have resolved both text issue and email problems and phone is not running hot any more either.
    jimlc likes this.
    09-16-2015 08:40 AM
    Thanks, the reset seemed to have solved the email and text issues. What a pain in the ###! My phone had no problems with the upgrade and of course my wife's phone had at least these two issues and battery issues. I think solving these two problems will help the battery life. I wondered why everyone had to have 5.1 when I already had a solid phone.
    09-16-2015 09:09 PM