Trusted Face on 5.1

thebrianiac

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm having trouble using Trusted Face on the lock screen with 5.1 on my Verizon Moto X 2013.

I managed to enable it by allowing Smart Lock in Security->Trust agents. I set up Trusted face in the Smart Lock settings but it never works on the lock screen. I've tried holding the phone from various distances and angles from my face.

On my DROID RAZR HD MAXX with CM12, I could see when the camera would be looking for my face by the little head and torso silhouette in place of the lock on the bottom of the lock screen. It will eventually change to an unlocked lock when my face is detected. This never shows up on the Moto X.

Has anybody had any luck with this? I currently have Google Play Services 8.1.15 installed.

thebrianiac

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
You have to set a screen lock and then enable Smart Lock in Security->Trust agents. Then you should have Smart Lock right above the Encryption section.

thebrianiac

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
So while I was in safe mode I saw the lock icon at the bottom of the lock screen change for a split second to the icon of a person. Seems like something is preventing it from running or it's crashing.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I finally got it to work, I had to have it detect my face indoors several times and outside several times. As soon as you get your "mug" inside the dots and they all the dots turn green it's been detected properly. Like I said I had to do it several times in different lighting situations...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12