"Android is Starting" "Optimizing App x of xxx" With Restarts of the phone 5.1 Verizon

autoanalyzer

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: "Android is Starting" "Optimizing App x of xxx" With Restarts of the phone 5.1 Verizon

I found that when starting and the moto X does show the animation screens at start up it then goes to the optimizing apps

autoanalyzer

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: "Android is Starting" "Optimizing App x of xxx" With Restarts of the phone 5.1 Verizon

Also with over 2000 views to this forum one would think that there would be a cure for this problem. Sorry I opened the box in which this phone came

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Also with over 2000 views to this forum one would think that there would be a cure for this problem. Sorry I opened the box in which this phone came

Typically the "cure" is to wipe the phone. This was a major OS update. It's always better to start fresh.

Posted via the Android Central App

kms961986

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site

I tried hard reset and cache clean, still its keeps restarting and optimizing the apps.. :( what to do?

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

+1
Same here, tried reset and cache wipe. This is why, sports fans, Lenovo/Motorola, is dead to me. I'm done, time to move on to something else. Now with over 3k views and nothing from Motorola and still now cure, sad indeed.

cw89134

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

QQQAAZ,

Thanks for the fix. It worked like a charm. :)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site

Sorry for intemperance. After clearing cache and power rebooting - it is optimizing 2 of 56 apps. So it IS a bug.

castigs

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

My wife lost her phone and just started using my old moto x which I hadn't used in months. Installed the update did the reset and now getting this "optimizing....." bug. It is happening every time she restarts (doesn't matter if it's plugged in or not}.
Phone worked great when I used it, regret installing so-called update.

rgdave

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

This post is now up to 15,000 views, so clearly not an isolated issue and unlikely related to a single corrupt app (unless it's an app we all have on our Verizon Moto X's and can't remove.) Where's Motorola/Verizon on this? I've done the cache wipe thing, as well as removed a lot of unused apps, and it still happens. I don't see the point of doing a full wipe and reset, because from reading posts about this on this forum and others, it doesn't seem to solve the problem and is just a big hassle.

AndreaGM

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site

I've been having a similar issue since this morning. I thought I'd succesfully left my phone charging overnight but it appears that it wasn't the case because when I tried using it when I woke up, the phone would not turn on so I pressed power and the swirling dots appeared and then the "Android" welcome or whatever but then my phone went black again. After this, I figured I should try charging it again and I turned it on but the message "Android starting... Optimizing app 18 of 121." appeared. It went on like this for a while until it turned off again without ever completing the optimization. I turned it on again and now the numbers were different (i.e. 12 of 40 or whatever) and then it turn off AGAIN with completing the optimization and this for several more tries.
Also worth noting is that the phone won't even turn on if not connected to external power, even the swirling dots won't appear.
I don't know what's happening and I really need to fix this soon because I don't have another phone and I'm waiting for a really important call.

Please help a user out :'(

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site

If your phone won't turn on unless connected to external power, not sure there is a fix.

Mine did the optimizing apps this morning for the first time since Lollipop upgrade late last year; I had it on charger during restart, something I don't normally do. Did another restart a little while later (not connected to charger) with no problems.

BiRONIC

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site

[Droid Turbo user]

i just got this thread off google after this started happening to me.
anybody know if there is a Turbo thread for it too, or is everyone just using this thread?

FireFly17

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site

I've been having the issue where my phone just turns off as soon as I plug it up, even if it has almost half battery! This is the first time I've had the optimizing thing... Does anyone have any idea why my phone turns off when I plug it up?

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

I've read elsewhere that a "feature" of the phone is that holding the power button down for eight seconds will trigger the optimization. I'll be testing that one shortly.

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

I was able to trigger the optimation with an eight-second long press of the power button. I know it doesn't help with the random reboots, but at least here's something to avoid.

Irony58

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

I'm having the same problem, but unrelated to the state of charging. It doesn't happen, but once in a while my Moto X (2013) shuts off. It just happened and it's probable that the optimization was triggered my greater than eight second press of the power button. So it's good to know that may be the cause of that annoying optimization. The crash is another problem.

sanjith abraham

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site

Method that works for me to avoid app optimization in every boot of moto x 2013 :

" Never press power button for more than 4-5 sec. to boot it"

I observed the screen stays dark when its charging even after pressing power button for 4-5 sec. , but keep patience and wait for at least 20-25 sec. , and you will see the boot animation , otherwise try again . Its better to wait for 25 sec. than waiting for 15 -45 min. for app optimization .

Again " Never exceed 4-5sec. while pressing power button whether charging or not charging and whether you see boot animation or not. "

shubhank bhatia

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site

even this didnt helped.my phones screen is stuck even after switching on, and nothing is being displayed on it , even after waiting for several minutes
can you please help me out in this situation..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz