06-23-2018 06:26 PM
94 1234
tools
    i had the same problem with ulephone
    i also had a problem with "error 504" on google play
    i empty the data and cache for googleplay program and services google play
    seems to resolve both problems
    06-22-2016 03:17 AM
    Many thanks to contributors to this thread. I now realise the "optimising app" msg on my Motorola Moto G (older version) was caused by restarting while charging.
    07-19-2016 10:42 AM
    Yes, the long press (more than 6-8 seconds) of power button will trigger the "optimization of apps" issue.

I just ran a cache wipe but it didn't solve the issue, in my case. I didn't want to Factory reset my Moto G.

Power on your phone just by pressing and hold 2 or 3 secs the power button.
    07-28-2016 06:18 AM
    I have the 2013 Generation, purchased early 2014. This has been a great phone and I would like to keep it a little longer. Unfortunately I am having this same issue. "Optimizing Apps". There is no rhyme or reason...not rebooting - can be on wifi or not. The phone shuts down and starts optimizing. I have had it "optimize" twice in one day. It takes 30 minutes or more to complete the cycle. I am thinking it is Verizon/Moto's way of telling me "get a new phone". It is very annoying, since I really love this phone and other than this have no reason to upgrade at this time.
    07-28-2016 05:47 PM
    This just happened to me and I wasn't charging. It is rebooting itself (on its own) and optimizing apps. After the optimization the phone is freezing up if I use any apps. Google Play services is also constantly crashing...useless phone...again...like every update. (it was updated a few days ago but the issue started today.)
    Mine does it too

My castrast will not go all the way down and is very bright and battery level goes down fast, and reboots on its own, and auto optimizes.

Have you gotten a system update???

I've read that this will fix the problem, that its the manufacturers fault, that they do not check their devices and we must wait for a system update,

Which I've heard is next to never for manufacturers that are second rate
    08-12-2016 11:01 AM
    pleas help me how to fix it. When my ASUS ZOOVD android phone is updating but its crush and restarting again and again.
    08-16-2016 02:58 AM
    So yesterday my android started shutting down and optimizing app and hasn't quit. What can I do? It keeps shutting down and optimizing, shuttting down and optimizing. I can't even get into my phone nor can I shut it off. It drained my battery to nothing while because that is all it does and won't shut off or finish optimizing.

Any solutions?

Thanks!
    08-19-2016 07:16 PM
    I've noticed that every once and a while I will get the following message when restarting the phone.

"Android is Starting"
    "Optimizing App x of xxx"

I know this should happen once after an upgrade, but it seems to be happening every few re-boots of the phone now.

Anyone else seeing this behavior or know of a solution?

Tom
    I finaly DIDIT
    I did it i did it i did it

First i had this msg while connected to charger or no

I tried first to make wipe cach but it was halting there and nothing happened

I did many things i will say it all but not sure preciscly which on worked

Before i updated all apps

1. I made the devwloper option available
    2. I activate the usb debugging mode
    3. I activated oem unlocking
    4. I restarted my phone in tje fastboot option, by pressing power+vol down, then vol up
    4. I tried again to wipe cach but it halted again and i had to start by long pressing power botton
    5. I went again to fast boot option, i chose something called bl start ( boot loader start i guess, not 100% sure)
    6. I left phone to start and all was ok

Hope it work with you, it was suh a pain in the a***
    09-04-2016 11:55 AM
    I am getting the similar issue after updating lollypop to marshmillo update... Not sure what to do...
    finaly I endup not using my Samsung A5(2016)..
    09-07-2016 12:29 PM
    What was your solution to this problem> mine just did the same thing.
    10-02-2016 09:37 AM
    I tried the recommended steps and it didn't help. Phone is slow and eventually freezes.
    10-07-2016 08:47 AM
    hey everyone, ive been getting these exact same issues since yesterday; phone started optimizing all apps on its own, ever since it finished its been overheating then lagging and eventually freezing. The only time it'll work without an issue is if I boot it up in safe mode, I've cleared the cache but still the same issues.
    Has anyone come up with a solution yet??

I have a Motorola Droid Turbo
    11-04-2016 01:09 AM
    Same issue.. just randomly started optimizing today. Wasnt plugged in, didnt power it off. Completely on its own and now all my apps are failing and the phone eventually freezes after 10 min or so. Tried the cache wipe that was suggested. No cigar yet.. HELP
    11-06-2016 01:44 AM
    hey everyone, ive been getting these exact same issues since yesterday; phone started optimizing all apps on its own, ever since it finished its been overheating then lagging and eventually freezing. The only time it'll work without an issue is if I boot it up in safe mode, I've cleared the cache but still the same issues.
    Has anyone come up with a solution yet??

I have a Motorola Droid Turbo
    let me know if you find a solution
    11-06-2016 01:45 AM
    Same problem. For years now. And even though I have been super careful not to restart while charging, it just started "optimizing" by itself, and I'm locked out of my own damn phone for hours waiting for this nonsense when I had important messages to send.

It's really amazing that this """smart"""phones cost thousands upon thousands, and the people who develop them get paid triple figure salaries, yet all they have to show for it is glitchy failure products. If I made so many "glitches" at my won job that wasted countless of hours of people's time for nothing, I'd be fired. Just a complete joke really.
    11-15-2016 04:23 PM
    I had this problem where my phone shut off, rebooted, and then started overheating and lagging. I found that two of my apps (Facebook and Facebook Messenger) had trouble opening. I uninstalled and reinstalled both of them, and now my phone is not overheating and lagging. Maybe try opening each of your installed apps, and if any of them has a problem opening, uninstall and reinstall it?
    11-21-2016 05:51 PM
    My girlfriend was having massive battery life issues for the past 8 months. Then early this week started having the constant rebooting - optimizing that you guys are describing. She uninstalled the facebook app and the issue went away. Now her battery is lasting like it used to. So for those of you having issues, its worth a shot.
    12-01-2016 07:11 PM
    Should have added that this is a moto x gen 1 from ATT. Uh, this should have followed a longer post that apparently has gone to moderation for approval. I'll fix the two posts once it appears.
    12-01-2016 07:12 PM
    I'm the the same problem sometimes. I think my power button may be sticking. That round cause it to shut down, restart, and opp.apps issue. Not sure, just a thought
    12-10-2016 11:20 AM
    Same happens to me on two diff phone but same make phone 5.1 blu neo energy....also both are rooted.
    12-23-2016 01:14 AM
    or-

Just don't turn it off.
    Are you stupid or just slow, or both?
    Needs to be turned off every night. If you don't you shouldn't have a phone
    01-08-2017 01:00 PM
    Needs to be turned off every night.
    WHAT? Where did you pick up that gem?
    01-08-2017 05:43 PM
    Are you stupid or just slow, or both?
    Moderator Note Welcome to the forums, please take a moment to read about PUPPAH: Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

That said, phones absolutely do NOT need to be turned off at any regular interval, let alone daily.
    01-08-2017 05:47 PM
    Not really.

A modern smartphone doesn't need to be restarted so frequently. Sure, you probably should do a reboot every once in a while but thanks to advancements in hardware and especially software in the backend, there's really not that much of a reason to reboot the device so frequently.
    01-08-2017 05:59 PM
    My phone keeps re-booting everytime... With the same message (android is starting...... Optimizing android apps)...... Please what can I do????
    01-13-2017 03:39 AM
94 1234