Xfinity connect keeping phone awake unless forced stop

Cindy B1

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I also posted this in general questions, but this might be a better spot.

I have has my moto x for 1.5 years now and have been experiencing battery drain. One of the culprits is the xfinity connect app. Recently it has started using a high percentage of my battery and I see that it stays awake until I force stop it. This morning it took the battery down from the 80's to about 60 in a little over an hour. I have sync shut off in the power settings, (that little arrow circle) but the email configuration is to check every hour, I didn't see a box for never or when told to. Is having the circle arrow for sync shut off the problem? My battery life had been dropping which is why I shut off sync. I think the xfinity connect app problem started later.

I am on kitkat 4.4.4, system version 212.166.3.ghost_verizon.verizon.en.us. I am afraid to update to lollipop as I can't have my battery get any worse. My moms Moto, bought the same day, is also losing battery lately. I haven't looked at it, but she has the connect app too. She hardly uses her phone, (she is 75) she doesn't use it much at all except to look at emails sometimes and maybe a phone call. She doesn't text or use it for internet much, if ever. She hardly has any apps.

I couldn't find any info on other people having trouble with the connect app. Should I just remove and reinstall it? I assume it must have gotten an update that messed it up, but don't know how to tell.

I'm not rooted, don't even know what that is. Thanks!

lonewolfarcher

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't care what they say, these batteries between 1 1/2 and 2 years start losing capacity. Every smartphone I've owned has had the same issue as the phone (and battery) age.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance