What's your next phone?

xpeacemaker

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Curious to know what will be your next jump. I love the moto features, but I can't stand the camera or battery life. I'm thinking of a note 5 possibly. What are your thoughts?

lonewolfarcher

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
So I heard a rumor today that the Droid Turbo 2 will be on Motomaker!! If true that is my next phone. I really like the Moto X Pure Edition but battery life has become my number one priority.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
My next phone will more than likely be the Nexus 5X.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I use all of the unique Motorola features, and like them, so I don't want to move away from buying a Motorola phone. But I'm going to try to hold out and hope that Moto releases a smaller phone than the one's they've been releasing. 5.7" and 5.5" are just too big for someone like me who doesn't bother to watch movies or play games on their phone.

Greatsrj23

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm probably going to stick with a Motorola Phone even though i'm very disappointed with the X's this year. The phones are way too big and not not enough battery to compensate. I'd like get the Turbo 2 when it comes out but I feel like it has the same problem where they increased the screen size but they actually have a smaller batter than the first one don't they? I haven't heard anything about the Droid Maxx 2 in a while but I hope the rumors are true about it and it's just like the Moto X Play. From what I read the battery size is similar to the Turbo 2 which seems odd to me. Out of the two phones I would probably go with the Maxx because it will probably be less expensive. Not sure I can shell out $600 for the Turbo.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I use all of the unique Motorola features, and like them, so I don't want to move away from buying a Motorola phone. But I'm going to try to hold out and hope that Moto releases a smaller phone than the one's they've been releasing. 5.7" and 5.5" are just too big for someone like me who doesn't bother to watch movies or play games on their phone.

+1
I'll be sticking it out as long as possible with this phone and then going with whatever has the most reasonable size coupled with sd slot. As an iPod Classic owner who is aware of the device's mortality, I just have to have storage on my next phone. Speaking of Apple, I am seriously jonesing for a new phone, but keep seeing people with iPhone 4 and even 3 which brings me back to reality.

There's still nothing about this phone that requires replacement yet.

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
+1
I'll be sticking it out as long as possible with this phone and then going with whatever has the most reasonable size coupled with sd slot. As an iPod Classic owner who is aware of the device's mortality, I just have to have storage on my next phone. Speaking of Apple, I am seriously jonesing for a new phone, but keep seeing people with iPhone 4 and even 3 which brings me back to reality.

There's still nothing about this phone that requires replacement yet.

You're right. There is no reason to update yet. The only issue I have with this phone is that the bugs since I foolishly upgraded to Android 5.1 are slowly driving me insane. At some point, I'm gonna snap and throw the thing against a wall.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
You're right. There is no reason to update yet. The only issue I have with this phone is that the bugs since I foolishly upgraded to Android 5.1 are slowly driving me insane. At some point, I'm gonna snap and throw the thing against a wall.
What are the most serious bugs that you are experiencing?

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure. Right now I am happy with my original Moto X, but I know that it won't last forever, so I have started looking. But nothing really catches my eye so far, and most of the new phones are just way too big for my small hands. So, the waiting game continues.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I still love my 2013 Moto X! If it had the camera that the Pure has, I would seriously consider getting a fresh battery installed and using it for at least another year.

But I am ready for a nicer camera and hopefully at least a little more battery life. Also, I need more memory - either internal or SD!

My biggest issue is with my bluetooth connection and signal... Mostly with my car stereo. May be primarily the car at fault, but I do have some minor signal issues with my headphones occasionally.

I also see lag, mostly from Lollipop (may try a factory reset soon.) And there's screen burn in, but it doesn't show up a lot since I don't see light backgrounds at the status bar and nav bar too often.

There's still a lot to like about this device though. It's still my favorite pocketable device it off any I've owned!

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
As far as next smartphone, I was so sure that I was going to jump on the Pure edition right at release time. Since I haven't yet, I'm going to at least wait to see what the Turbo 2 is all about and decide between the two.

I love the all-carrier capability of the Pure in principle. But I'm unlikely to leave Verizon any time soon. The Turbo 2 sounds enticing with a little smaller Height x Width and bigger battery vs the Pure, plus it's rumored to be on motomaker! If the price is high, it might to the scale back to the Pure for me though.

Greatsrj23

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Anyone interested in either of the new Nexus phones? I'm thinking about the 5X but the only thing holding me back is the battery. 2,700 mAh is better than what I have with the Moto X 2013 but with a bigger screen and more power and all that I feel like it might last just as long. Anyone have any input or anything about that?

xpeacemaker

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone interested in either of the new Nexus phones? I'm thinking about the 5X but the only thing holding me back is the battery. 2,700 mAh is better than what I have with the Moto X 2013 but with a bigger screen and more power and all that I feel like it might last just as long. Anyone have any input or anything about that?

Same concern I have, battery. They are toting their camera though. Very interesting. I'm gonna wait for the hands on review.

yscty

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Love my original Moto X, although the battery isn't lasting like it used too and it seems to be slowing down a bit.....planned obsolescence perhaps.

I evaluated what I value most in a phone and it seems to be the Camera and ease of use. Haven't been that impresses with the camera of the moto x at all.

I have a Galaxy in the past, couldn't stand it, so I think I'm gonna try the IPhone 6s and see what happens......Plus I hear it has active listening and there is the ability to
simple say Hey Siri similar to the "OK GOOGLE NOW" feature....

Posted via Android Central App

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm eyeing the nexus 5x. I miss my gnex but being a vzw user right now my vanilla Android phone choices have been limited until recently.

Honestly though if my phone didn't optimize apps for an hour every time I restart it after 5.1 I don't think I'd be looking for a new phone at all right now.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae