We been shuffled off the main page into the "More Motorola Phones" subthread. We're just part of the old phones now...
    10-09-2015 09:10 PM
    That doesn't mean you won't be able to get any help.

I still have my 2013 Moto X, even though my Moto X Pure Edition arrived today, and I'm currently setting it up.

Don't worry! There are still many people available to help you.
    10-09-2015 10:24 PM
    These days, it seems like two years is a century in phone age.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-11-2015 09:50 PM
    These days, it seems like two years is a century in phone age.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I think that's especially true of Android devices, since there are so many constantly being introduced.

Sent from my Moto X Pure Edition using Tapatalk
    10-11-2015 10:17 PM
    That doesn't mean you won't be able to get any help.

I still have my 2013 Moto X, even though my Moto X Pure Edition arrived today, and I'm currently setting it up.

Don't worry! There are still many people available to help you.
    LOL, help me then!
    I don't want to feel like my phone is old and all the new phones are too big
    portablealpha and jmcp4372 like this.
    10-12-2015 12:27 PM
    LOL, help me then!
    I don't want to feel like my phone is old and all the new phones are too big
    I've had my original Moto X for a little over 2 years now. About 6 weeks ago I just put a new battery in it that I bought off Amazon. It's like a brand new phone again with lollipop too. Awesome battery life and smooth as silk just like the day I got it. If you plan on keeping your Moto X, I would suggest popping in a new battery you will be surprised how much they degrade over a period of time.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
    Laura Knotek and dmark44 like this.
    10-12-2015 09:16 PM
    I've had my original Moto X for a little over 2 years now. About 6 weeks ago I just put a new battery in it that I bought off Amazon. It's like a brand new phone again with lollipop too. Awesome battery life and smooth as silk just like the day I got it. If you plan on keeping your Moto X, I would suggest popping in a new battery you will be surprised how much they degrade over a period of time.
    Do you have a link for that NFC-enabled battery?
    TommyZ23 likes this.
    10-13-2015 09:21 AM
    10-13-2015 10:41 AM
    https://motorola-global-portal.custh...il/a_id/108264I love my Moto X. I got it 2 years ago, back when they came with a free Skip and 3 skip dots. A couple days after I ordered, they started a promo where you got a free Sol Republic earbuds, which I was able to get after calling customer service. I love the Moto X line because of the vanilla android interface, and I love the few customizations Motorola added, like gestures and the Connect app for Chrome.

The Skip is MIA-- must have gotten stuck to a metal door somewhere along the line. But it's not even supported any more. The headphone jack has always had trouble. The memory is full. I got the 8 GB model because I apparently didn't do my research and they got rid of the microsd card expansion. The battery is shot, but with everything, I'm not sure I want to bother replacing it.

I'm not a fan of the new Moto X Pure and its gigantic phablet size. I'm also not sure if I'd want the X2, seeing as how its hardware is now a year old, plus who knows if it's going to be getting Marshmallow. I know, theoretically, that I could root the phone, but I just know that the first time I try, I'll end up bricking the thing.

I like the Nexus 5X, but it's still $405, after tax, for the 16GB model, with no microsd slot.

Then again, I just read a post from Motorola stating that they're dropping the Connect app and the Chrome extension, a feature I absolutely love, and it will be completely gone in November.
    https://motorola-global-portal.custh...il/a_id/108264
    10-13-2015 10:50 AM

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
    I'm gonna push the original battery as far as it will go before I do that. I need to keep this thing alive until something worth replacing it with is out there
    10-13-2015 12:58 PM
    ... all the new phones are too big
    Amen! Sadly, I don't see any under-five-inch phones being released any time soon since it's more expensive to cram all of those electronics in a smaller body. Bigger screen = lower cost to produce.
    10-14-2015 11:19 PM
    Do you have a link for that NFC-enabled battery?
    Sure, here you go. All the batteries were the same no matter what the model number is, so it doesn't matter if its a Sprint Verizon or AT&T. Mine is a Verizon model.

Motorola EX34 OEM Battery Moto X XT1058 Original 2120 mAh SNN5923A - Non Retail Packaging https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O7E07QM...cUvbUpU4750370

ScottMGS likes this.
    10-15-2015 12:01 AM