How do I get my Moto to work after Lollipop update & after clearing cache partition?

Bree F

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
How to get Moto to work after Lollipop update & after clearing cache partition

After the lollipop update the "moto has stopped working" message constantly appears. I have cleared the cache partition with hopes it would fix the problem, but it did not. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it? Thank you!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to get Moto to work after Lollipop update & after clearing cache partition

Hello Bree, welcome to the forums!

You could try clearing cache for all the Moto apps in settings - apps - all tab and then reboot your phone. Also, you could boot in safe mode to make sure there's not a conflict with an app you downloaded.

Bree F

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: How to get Moto to work after Lollipop update & after clearing cache partition

Hi Javier, thank you for the tips. I cleared cache for all of the moto apps and rebooted with no luck. I booted in safe mode and as soon as the phone turns and right after I unlock it, the "unfortunatly moto has stopped working" message pops up. So, I'm not sure what the next step is. Hoping you will know!!! Thank you again for the help!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Is your phone rooted?

After a little search I found that clearing data for the Moto app fixed the problem for some people. You could try that.

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/5b3c5ce634

Edit. Make sure that all your apps are updated in the Play Store.

Bree F

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site

I uninstalled the updates to the moto and moto voice and rebooted and I think that worked!!! Fingers crossed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome