Flashed an incompatible Radio/Modem

anon(8806611)

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello there,
I bought a GSM unlocked xt1049. Was on 4.4.2, I unlocked bootloader, installed AOSP based 5.1.1 rom, and wanted to try stock with its Moto features, and found one on xda-developers site which is based on stock but installed via recovery.

Since there isnt lollipop available for xt1049 variant, I chose "XT1053 Retail GSM Unlocked" rom and flashed along with its included modem thinking it was necessary but instead resulted my devices in no service.

I have since tried some workarounds but no luck. And later read somewhere that if I had backed up before flashing the modem I could just restore and will fix it. That has got me thinking that another GSM unlocked Moto X backup would work on mine (not sure though).
But if so, could someone with such kindly backup and send to me please? I don't want my phone to become useless. I'm begging someone to pls help me!

anon(8806611)

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Try the XDA Forums. There's probably a wealth of options for you to try over there.

Thanks for your help but I have searched thoroughly there and didn't find my luck.
And pls is there an international radio (or a compatible one for Africa) available? Haven't found any yet, I only see America, Europe, Brazil, etc but nothing for Africa.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome