Has anyone else had a problem with their micro USB cable not fully seating into the USB port on the phone? I have had the phone for a couple of years but never really noticed because of the type of doc I charge my phone on at night keeps the cable from falling out. Over the summer though I have taken several road trips and had to charge my phone in the car where I noticed that no matter what cable I try none of them plug all the way in and easily fall out making it very difficult to charge the phone.

I really like the phone and am to the point of just buying another one used to solve the problem unless it is widespread.

Thanks
    11-19-2015 01:49 PM
    Your charging port has lint in it. Take a pin or needle and GENTLY clean around the internal prongs.
    11-19-2015 01:53 PM
    Your charging port has lint in it. Take a pin or needle and GENTLY clean around the internal prongs.
    Uh, I would recommend something other than a metal object to go fishing around in your data/charging port. Use a wooden or plastic toothpick.
    Also I might add that the cable doesn't go all the way into my charging port on either of my Moto Xs. As long as it is charging then all is good. I wouldn't worry about it.
    11-19-2015 02:12 PM
    I second the wooden toothpick.
    My cable also does not go all the way in, but came a time that it would no longer go in far enough to hold a solid connection and it fell away from charging here and there.
    Cleaning the lint cured that. There was a lot too.
    11-19-2015 02:21 PM
    I have used some canned air (cautiously) to try and blow out any loose debris even though I cannot see any to no avail. I'll give the wooden toothpick a try. The cable barely makes a connection and falls out with the slightest of movement or vibration.

EDIT: Okay so it turns out there was a surprisingly large amount of lint in there. Surprising to me at least since I have never had this issue with any other phone or it never became a problem at least. Anyway the cable fits a little better now but it's still not engaging like previous phones/tablets/devices I've had. I think it might hold well enough to not constantly fall out while driving though. Thanks for the advice.
    11-19-2015 03:33 PM
    Obviously a non metallic pointy object is better. I did use a sharp pin (was lucky I guess) and pulled about 1 teaspoon of pocket lint out of the changing port. (I can't believe that much could fit in that tiny hole). Cable fits in like the phone is new again.
    11-20-2015 08:14 AM