Well, I ordered the Nexus 5X after Google discounted it on Black Friday. My Moto X (2013) has a battery that was just no longer making it through the day.

I have had numerous Windows mobile phones, Blackberry's (which were great), 2 Droid Incredibles (which were great), the Galaxy S3 and my 2013 Moto X.

Nothing was better than the Moto X.
    Aquila, Laura Knotek and dmark44 like this.
    11-30-2015 04:13 PM
    I still have two of those in my house, neither have SIMs in them but they're still good devices. I got the X Pure a few months ago and have a 6P and 5X (ordered today) on order. Grats on your upgrade!
    dmark44, Laura Knotek and dyastrab like this.
    11-30-2015 04:37 PM
    I just got the 5x too to replace my 13 X but the 5x is going back. It's just too big and slippery . camera, finger sensor and os are great but using it is just not comfortable. I wish someone would release a phone with same dimensions as the 13 moto X.
    12-03-2015 01:14 PM
    I have been back and forth about the 5X since it came out. I almost bought it on Black Friday but decided to save the money. Aside from a couple minor inconveniences my 2013 Moto X still works and looks great. I'll either wait until it stops working or Moto releases another phone no bigger than the 2014 Moto X. I love all the Moto features and I think I would miss them too much. Let us know how it goes once you get the 5X. What service do you have? I have Verizon and have read that it will work but i'm still curious to hear everyone's experience.
    12-03-2015 01:58 PM
    I've been using the 5x for about 3 days now. I'm on straight talk , the speeds are amazing! Camera is great. Overall it's a very nice phone. Just too big. For me it's not comfortable coming for 13 moto X. Except for the size I like everything about the 5x. I don't game or watch too much media in my cell, the moto X is just perfect size.
    12-03-2015 02:16 PM
    My daily driver is a rooted Developer Edition, with 5.1 but all sorts of Xposed modules loaded in it. Still works great and the battery is still giving me a day's worth of usage since I'm generally a light user. Also have a stock version in Bamboo, which I may give to a family member who still has a flip phone. But I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a Pure Edition--the size will take some adaptation on my part, but I'm ready for something that can be a bit more useful for media playback. The Nexus phones, while nice, just don't appeal to me design-wise.
    12-03-2015 03:17 PM
    In the same boat here. Have been playing with 5X for the past 2 days now. Not a bad phone. It is a bit too big IMHO. And I do miss Active Display already. Ambient Display, which I was hopping was gonna be a similar feature, just doesn't work at all most of the time. I don't care for light notification. Fingerprint scanner is nice but not a deal breaker to have. Android 6.0 on board is nice though.

So, I'm trying to see if I can manage w/o some of the nicer Moto's features or not. I also have Moto X 2014 Pure coming in next week. The plan is to compare both and keep a better replacement one. I do plan on testing connectivity of one vs the other one. I do make trip to country side often and Moto X 2013 just as not as good as wife's iPhone 6S. So far Nexus 5X is extremely fast on LTE and quick to connect to WiFi as well.
    12-03-2015 03:20 PM
    Looking forward to your feedback on the pure.
    12-03-2015 10:14 PM
    Looking forward to your feedback on the pure.
    Will post my feedback next weekend once I come back from the trip to the country next week. Gonna compare LTE strength on both devices while there to make up my mind.
    12-06-2015 04:18 PM
    I've now had the 5X for about a week. I really miss active display. Believe it or not, the 2013 Moto X seems to run some apps better. I've gotten somewhat used to the size of the 5X but can't figure out how to carry it.

I played with a friends Moto X Pure. It's big, runs a little hot and has some sound issues. Hopefully for Motorola's sake, he just has a bad one but I don't think it's for me.

This all makes me appreciate the Moto X 2013 even more. They just got it so right with that phone.
    Evilnut likes this.
    12-07-2015 09:25 AM
    I hope moto comes out with a sub 5" phone again. I can't seem to find a suitable replacement. Have tried nexus 6, 5X and Z3 compact. I've returned them all.
    wplust and wmdunn like this.
    12-08-2015 10:25 AM
    I've had both Nexus 5X 32Gb and 2nd gen Moto X Pure 64Gb for a week now. Coming in I was expecting to keep Moto X due to Active Display feature and pass on Nexus because Ambient Display feature isn't quite as nice. In the end I'm keeping Nexus and Moto's going back next week. Here's my mini review of both, pros and cons.

Initial impression:
    Moto - looks great, much better build quality than Moto X 2013
    Nexus - looks plasticy and kind of boxy. It's noticeably lighter than Moto though

Size:
    Both phones have an identical screen real estate. I'd say Nexus is disproportionately taller than Moto. Moto is easier to hold and operate one handed.

Screen:
    I found Nexus screen to be brighter than Moto's. Moto has a 4x4 screen icon grid size, whereas Nexus has 5x5. So everything is sort squished together on Nexus. You can remedy that with a different home launcher app. So out of the box, Moto home screen was easier to work with.

Usability and performance:
    I found Moto and Nexus performing w/o any issues or hiccups. These being larger phones than I'm used to, I was trying to type on them while they were laying flat on the desk. That's when I ran into a major issue with Moto. Unlike Moto X 2013 which has a flat back middle area, 2014 version is more round. So when laying flat and typing on it, it wobbles like crazy. Nexus being all flat back was immune to this issue. Also, while I love the looks of 2014 metal frame, I found it more slippery when handling vs Nexus, ie Nexus was nice to grip on, while I was afraid to drop Moto a few times.

Hardware:
    Didn't think I'd care about fingerprint scanner at all but it's a great feature on Nexus. It's reliable and makes it so much easier and quicker to unlock the phone. Love it on Nexus and was missing it on Moto.

Software:
    I was not concerned about Android 6.0 that much knowing it's coming to Moto, eventually. It was nice to receive 6.0.1 update on Nexus a couple of days ago though. I've gotten used to not having Active Display on Nexus. And yes, Ambient Display feature simply didn't work reliably for me. Nexus's notification light was an OK substitute.

Battery and charging:
    Nexus charged slightly faster for me and battery lasted longer, especially on wifi. Also, Android 6.0 Doze feature on Nexus is simply awesome. I've observed minimal battery drain overnight whereas Moto had more aggressive battery drain. I'm sure Moto will benefit from 6.0 when/if it arrives.

Camera:
    Daylight shots were comparable. Low lights shots was a different story. Moto's low light image quality was sub-par at best, ie grainy and just bad, and was a major disappointment. Nexus had absolutely no issues with that.

Connection in the city:
    Wifi was comparable and cell data (on AT&T) was a bit faster on Nexus, which is to be expected. Call quality was on par.

Connection in the country:
    Nexus was able to stay connected more consistently and lost connection fewer times. That was my ultimate test, which basically sealed the deal.

In the end, Nexus is not that much better than Moto on some features, but it's edges it here and there with definitely newer hardware and software. Nexus didn't wow me but it didn't disappoint either. Moto on the other hand had quite a few shortcomings. I wish there was a better 5" phone out there but for the next couple of years I'm happy I picked Nexus (even though it's a 5.2" screen). I hope Moto releases a smaller device for 2016/2017.

HTH.
    12-13-2015 04:37 PM
    Yes please for a new phone the same size as the Moto X! I don't want to carry a manbag/purse or wear baggy pants.

In the meantime it's still humming along and camera has improved significantly with software updates. My iphone friends are jealous.
    12-18-2015 07:57 AM
    I am writing this in my 'simless' Moto X 2013. I still love this phone. I went to an iPhone 6s mainly due to size. I think the X 2013 will be a legend, but I doubt Motorola would make a similar device in the future.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-24-2015 10:27 PM
    I recently bought few phones and don't know which one to keep to replace my old 2013 moto x. I got galaxy alpha, oneplus x, and Z5 compact. To be honest none feel as good ergonomically as the moto x. The oneplus is nice, good screen and speed but a Lil big. The z5c is really nice but darn thing si hard to hold without a case. Just way too slippery. And loli on it not very fast in my opinion. Also gets pretty warm with light surfing. Not terribly hot but the hottest of the bunch. The alpha is good all around. Nice size, weight is awesome... So light! Speed seems good. My first time using Samsung, it's not as terrible as I thought would be. I switched to Nova prime and feels good. No SD card is a bummer but not deal breaker. It's also slippery but best grip of bunch without case. Screen is good but a bit yellow and not as sharp next to oneplus.

What do you all think, which would you keep?

Thanks.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    03-10-2016 08:22 PM