options for SMS synch after chrome extension discontinued??? (motorola connect)

greg_atlanta

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
So I've been using the Motorola Connect chrome extension since I got the phone, it's never worked perfect.... but beats a trip downstairs to fetch my phone when I'm playing on my laptop upstairs.

So it's been discontinued (why????) and I see there are options listed in this link, but figured I'd ask here first before I try something.

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/11/1...is-being-retired-this-month-chrome-extension/

I have a Win10 latop and Samsung Galaxy tab 3 (android 4.4) and neither mightytext or pushbullet work on the tablet. The laptop is my priority though since I can type much better on a laptop! I see a mySMS app in the windows app store.

Any suggestion for a SMS synch app that will work on all 3 devices? Or least the phone and the laptop?

Greg

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I used Pushbullet, but now they charge a monthly fee for anything over 100 texts a month. So I pretty much switched to Google voice as I have had a GV number for years but never used it for sms or mms.

Posted via Android Central App

GordonLiu

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
+1

I'm still clinging to the old version of the app and hoping that they don't somehow disable it without me updating. It's working so far, but I'm sure I'm going to have to replace it eventually, which sucks, as it's one of the main reasons I bought into the Moto line of phones. I'll look into Google voice and see what it entails. They've already got access to everything on my phone at least -_-

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair