Hello, my MotoX was still going strong, unfortunately after a couple and drops and years of usage now my physical buttons are not working anymore. Those work randomly and that is how I am able to turn on the phone after my battery gets discharged or so. I think this issue is because the back cover have small cracks and pieces missing specially on the sides of the phone. I guess it is now not completly fit.

What would you suggest for me, do you think I can open the back cover and take a look in case the buttons are not working because of dirt or so?

There is an app to lock the phone from the screen, increase/decrease volume and also take snapshots? Those are the things I am randomly able to do.

I was hoping to keep my phone for 4-6 months

Performance is OK, nothing exciting, but at leas usable. Photos are horrible compared to other phones and also mine have dirt inside the lens.

Thanks!
    10-28-2016 11:15 PM
    Hello, my MotoX was still going strong, unfortunately after a couple and drops and years of usage now my physical buttons are not working anymore. Those work randomly and that is how I am able to turn on the phone after my battery gets discharged or so. I think this issue is because the back cover have small cracks and pieces missing specially on the sides of the phone. I guess it is now not completly fit.

What would you suggest for me, do you think I can open the back cover and take a look in case the buttons are not working because of dirt or so?

There is an app to lock the phone from the screen, increase/decrease volume and also take snapshots? Those are the things I am randomly able to do.

I was hoping to keep my phone for 4-6 months

Performance is OK, nothing exciting, but at leas usable. Photos are horrible compared to other phones and also mine have dirt inside the lens.

Thanks!
    I recently replaced the flat cable to the buttons ($10 online) which fixed that problem. However, I now have two other issues - no mobile data and the mic is no longer functioning. Can't say if those are a result of my DIY or not.
    10-30-2016 03:47 PM
    It seems mine were only disconnected but now : http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...-unpluged.html

It seems the glue was strong, probably because the heavy use, humidity, dirt, etc. It was much more hard to open than what I saw on the videos.
    10-31-2016 12:00 AM