Any good clues on next Motorola high-end after the X?

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Other than it being a terrible phone? Cheap feeling, bloated software, still looks like Gingerbread, slow updates relative to Motorola (X is getting soak tested on 4.4 right now) and HTC devices (the One has 4.3 and will have 4.4 by the end of January).
Nope. Rolling out on Verizon now.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Honestly with Motorolas X and G. I don't think Moto going the way as everyone else is. I think the X-Play might have a 1080p screen because it'll be a phablet. I hope Moto expands on the X8 and does not get rid of what they done. Custom processors are almsot always better than straight out of factory. The cameras fine for me, but I guess to shut people up, they'll keep working on it.
It's like buying a s4 this year ("great specs, great beast") than the s5 out next year. Yes theres going to be a better X but not for a while, theres going to be a better n6. Late next year for both probably. Buy now while you have time. :p

Yup.

Look at the path Motorola has taken with the X and now the G. Motorola's not going to compete on specs. They're going to compete on features and value.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm a Nexus guy but I really love the direction moto is going. I can't wait to see their portfolio for 2014. Yes, I'm officially on the moto bandwagon now.

DroidGuy1990

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm a Nexus guy but I really love the direction moto is going. I can't wait to see their portfolio for 2014. Yes, I'm officially on the moto bandwagon now.

Same here I have always been fond of the Moto gadgets I been a fan since me OG Razr in white...But now I am a full supporter. The moto G made me say Yes to the Moto Bandwagon. I love how they are changing the industry. Stopping the Spec war , and more importantly competing with the big guys.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I wish moto would release the next flagship in the May/June time frame. Something to directly compete with the Samsung and HTC flagships.

The X was really more of a proof of concept than anything. They could take what they know now from it and release a real market changer. A no compromise beast with all the X goodness plus some substantial spec bumps. It would be amazing. But sadly, as impressed as I am with the new moto, they still smell of the boring moto of old. I don't see them doing anything this bold.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I just switched from GS4 to Moto X 2 days ago and absolutely LOVE Moto X. I will never go back to Samsung again unless they deliver a Nexus like experience. I spent about 7 months with it and just could never get used to it.
Ever heard of the Google Play Edition GS4?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Other than it being a terrible phone? Cheap feeling, bloated software, still looks like Gingerbread, slow updates relative to Motorola (X is getting soak tested on 4.4 right now) and HTC devices (the One has 4.3 and will have 4.4 by the end of January).
S4 had 4.2 months before the One. It now has 4.3 and is supposed to be getting 4.4 sometime in January...

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't mind a slight bump in size if it meant a bigger battery.

Posted via Android Central App

Yeah. Sort of think Nexus 5 would have been better with bigger battery and compromise on sleekness.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. Sort of think Nexus 5 would have been better with bigger battery and compromise on sleekness.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Yeah. And a better speaker. Can't have everything for that cheap though.

Posted via Android Central App