;) This gives me some Hope, I hope for Moto X 2 ?

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Well, that's somewhat reassuring. Even more than the hardware (since I already own and X), I hope we continue to see the Google Play updates for the Moto apps in the same timely manner we have been. It's great that these have been separated from just system updates.

Last edited:

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Im not sure you got that it wouldnt be this year. All they said was 2015 lineup which likely means FY2015 which would be later this year.

Posted via Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Im not sure you got that it wouldnt be this year. All they said was 2015 lineup which likely means FY2015 which would be later this year.

When I read this part I quoted below made me think it wouldnt be this year
Unfortunately, the source hasn’t specified whether the Moto X sequel will be launched this year, or the next one.

...but I hope you are correct

dsw1519

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Lenovo is the end of any new quality product from Motorola. Lenovo is the K-Mart of tech. Sorry but Moto is done.

If that is the case so be it. I love my X, glad I have it and will enjoy it everyday until it's time for the next phone. When I'm ready for the next phone who knows what will be out there. A year ago I would have never thought a phone like the X would be available, so I'm sure there will be something good in the future from one of the manufacturers.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
which features do you want to see in the next gen moto x??

Qi charging obviously, an unfortunate omission from the current one, I can understand why since the qi charging receivers have a ferrite magnet that can't be bend and the Moto X have curved back. IR blaster would be nice. I'm more interested in the optimization and experience coupled with the right size and great battery life. So same experience with the Moto X, but better specs and more useful features.

There are lots of useful software features that can be implemented, many things I do now with custom kernels and third party apps could be implemented without bloating the phone or make the experience complicated. Such as you should be able to sweep the phone screen to turn it on and off, as well as other type of gesture to launch apps, etc. Touchless control can be much more useful, such as to toggle hardware like wifi/bluetooth/power saving mode/flashlight (I know there are some issues with software patents that may prevent this, I use Tasker with AutoVoice to do this). The camera can be more useful and even faster to access, current Moto X camera have very fast shutter speed, they could add features to camera app take advantage of it, the current camera app isn't very useful.

I only had the Moto X for 1 day and I'm loving it, so hoping the successor doesn't come too soon actually. But I'm looking out for the "OnePlus One" device as well. If the next Nexus phone have touchless control I would jump on it in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
The #1 thing I'd like to see from the Moto X 2 would be better "Touchless Control" integration. To me, THAT is the killer app, and it needs to have a fuller feature set with more abilities. That isn't to say I'm disappointed with the X-- it's the only phone that can do what it does-- but if Moto wants to stay ahead of the curve, it has to improve dramatically.

A better camera would be nice, but not a deal-breaker for me. And I'm not really interested in having the "TouchWiz Experience" on my phone, so I don't need IR blasters, eye-scrolling, etc.

As long as Motorola bumps the specs to make the performance as smooth as it is for the Moto X, that will be fine as well (provided it's priced accordingly). I don't need 2K displays, and Snapdragon 1000, or whatever comes next. Just make it smooth.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I definitely don't want this feature. I don't want my phone spying on me!
I would prefer they keep that Samsung gimmick away, and I don't think it'll be there unless its something useful and work every time, that's the key.

Anyway there is already a front camera so if you are concerned you'll have to put black tape over it, otherwise its more of software implementation.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
which features do you want to see in the next gen moto x??

Even though I dont use the camera as much as others I agree it could be better.So I would like to see that improved .
As far as anything else maybe just some tweaking to the performance side.
I use all the features of the Moto X ,I really wouldnt want to see it get loaded down with a bunch of features(like Samsung does).
Thats about it I like the size as is.I wouldnt want to see a bigger screen then 5". Also maybe a little bigger battery.
I wouldnt want to see any additonal bloatware(vzw)

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
A 6" phablet! Nice!!

Wouldn't it be great to have a Moto 6" phablet with a WOOD back!

That's what I was waiting for. I remember the original rumor was its coming out this year. My question is.....will it come out on moto's original pipeline this year or 2015 deep in lenovo?

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Motorola will operate as it's own company lenovo dose not plan to change much based on what I read. Lenovo is just going to use Motorola as the American brand for lenovo they will continue to sell all the phones they have and make sequels but lenovo will extend motorola's product line. So the moto x and moto g I'm sure will stay a big product from Motorola but lenovo is probably going to take the popular devices they sell in Asia and essentially port them over to America under the Motorola branding. We could see Motorola become a very big and competitive manufacturer under lenovo lead because lenovo is very good at turning around failing brands *cough cough* IBM think books

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree that the next moto x might be with out any lenovo intervention. But in a few years that might change. The post about the lenovo change has even died off in the Moto X g+ forums as well.

sent from my Moto X

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Still depends on when the deal closes.

And Google probably had influence on the Moto X which was likely in development before Google officially acquired the company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non