Moto X+1

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Seems pretty legit

With front facing speakers and a good set of internals for the right price I will be sold! I like the way it looks myself. Also great find! Thanks for posting it.

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Re: Seems pretty legit

Waiting to see how the size compares to others. Got rid of my m8 due to size.

Posted via Android Central App

Nema Imena

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Moto X+1 leak seems pretty legit.

and where is LED flash ring around camera, and second main camera at the back? :(
and that moto logo at the back is huge, if it don't do anything...

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

The prototype is kind of ugly.

Hopefully the camera is a significant upgrade and the phone it-self is reasonable size.

Would like to see something like the G3 laser focus

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

O yes. Yes indeed,

Stock UI + Ergo Design with 1080p 5.1" screen + Front facing speaker + Moto software extras

Add in an unlockable bootloader on carrier versions and you can take my money all year long...

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

This has me excited again. I was really hoping that @evleaks render that's been floating around was not accurate (mainly that terrible lower bezel). Now if they would just put us out of our misery and announce the damn thing! :D

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Really disappointed there is no SD support. My 16 GB got full pretty quickly.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Really disappointed there is no SD support. My 16 GB got full pretty quickly.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

There isn't? Almost every "rumor" seems to assume that there is. Good thing with moto maker either way is that you can buy 32 and 64 GB devices too!

Nexus through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.

aglum

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site

That's it, boys.

Would you be willing to elaborate on the picture we're looking at, based on your experiences with the device? Any special features hidden in the picture? (ie. the moto dimple on the back--I remember you saying it might be a 3rd button, or sensor?)

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

Would you be willing to elaborate on the picture we're looking at, based on your experiences with the device? Any special features hidden in the picture? (ie. the moto dimple on the back--I remember you saying it might be a 3rd button, or sensor?)
On second look, it looks like an earlier version...it doesn't have the extra sensors in the bottom bezel.

Back button will be power on some versions and a fingerprint sensor in others (though I don't know if those plans were scrapped after the Lenovo deal, as I heard that a while ago)

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

On second look, it looks like an earlier version...it doesn't have the extra sensors in the bottom bezel.

Back button will be power on some versions and a fingerprint sensor in others (though I don't know if those plans were scrapped after the Lenovo deal, as I heard that a while ago)

Does that mean the side button that most would assume is a power button is more like a dedicated camera shutter? Or will it have two power buttons (which seems a bit odd)? I had assumed that the rear button might operate somewhat like Pressy, in that you could assign it to do something. Guess we'll see when they finally reveal the thing.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site

I'm sure it will be a nice phone but to be honest, everything after the Nexus 5/LG G3/Moto X/S5 is sort of a waste of money. There will be a new cell platform starting at the end of the year/beginning of next year that will redefine what cell phones are. 8 core/64bit/4gb ram/64gb-128gb storage/better cameras will make our current phones look weak.

Sure, you could say that phones always get better, but this will be the first time that there will be a MAJOR shift in the cell phone market that will make everything that come before it look childish. Anything that comes out between now and November is just a slight upgrade and will make people think they should have waited. Heck, I'm selling my Nexus 5 while it's still worth a good amount and using my Nexus 4 until the next wave of phones come out.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I'm sure it will be a nice phone but to be honest, everything after the Nexus 5/LG G3/Moto X/S5 is sort of a waste of money. There will be a new cell platform starting at the end of the year/beginning of next year that will redefine what cell phones are. 8 core/64bit/4gb ram/64gb-128gb storage/better cameras will make our current phones look weak.

Sure, you could say that phones always get better, but this will be the first time that there will be a MAJOR shift in the cell phone market that will make everything that come before it look childish. Anything that comes out between now and November is just a slight upgrade and will make people think they should have waited. Heck, I'm selling my Nexus 5 while it's still worth a good amount and using my Nexus 4 until the next wave of phones come out.
I completely disagree. As the change happens improvements will be marginal at best. You will not be behind the times if you don't have a 64bit android until late 2015 or later.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site

I completely disagree. As the change happens improvements will be marginal at best. You will not be behind the times if you don't have a 64bit android until late 2015 or later.

Keep thinking that. Have a nice day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22