Moto X+1

Scratchyjam

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Moto X+1 leak seems pretty legit.

On second look, it looks like an earlier version...it doesn't have the extra sensors in the bottom bezel.

Back button will be power on some versions and a fingerprint sensor in others (though I don't know if those plans were scrapped after the Lenovo deal, as I heard that a while ago)

Posted via Android Central App

Do you know what the shaded out bit in the top right resembles? Is it just a signature to show it's a preproduction model or something?

And are you still confident of it having the sensor for recognising hand motion etc. as you mentioned on the other thread?

Cheers

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

Do you know what the shaded out bit in the top right resembles? Is it just a signature to show it's a preproduction model or something?

And are you still confident of it having the sensor for recognising hand motion etc. as you mentioned on the other thread?

Cheers
I think it's "property of Motorola" or something like that.

I've seen a few iterations of the X+1 so far. The latest one I've seen has the extra sensors in the bottom bezel.

Scratchyjam

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site

I think it's "property of Motorola" or something like that.

I've seen a few iterations of the X+1 so far. The latest one I've seen has the extra sensors in the bottom bezel.

So do you think the official product will have a smaller top bezel?

Have you used the fingerprint sensor yet?

aglum

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: New leaks?

Back to school special extended until Aug 7th... man, it just feels like they're not gonna release the x+1 until every single last x has been sold.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Back to school special extended until Aug 7th... man, it just feels like they're not gonna release the x+1 until every single last x has been sold.

The new one is so awesome that as soon as they announce, no legacy device will ever sell anywhere.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Man I am debating getting a dev edition x to tide me over until the rise of 64 bit next year instead of getting the x+1 like I was planning. It's really cheap for what you get. I am not sure if I want to burn an upgrade right now. If some other carrier would get decent coverage, I would drop Verizon in a heartbeat. But alas I am stuck for the foreseeable future.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

Sorry guys, but the rear button/fingerprint scanner has been axed.

Some cool news regarding the leather options which might include sport-related textures (ie- basketball).

Also saw a 2 notification active display. Hopefully it will make it to the original X as well.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Some cool news regarding the leather options which might include sport-related textures (ie- basketball).

Also saw a 2 notification active display. Hopefully it will make it to the original X as well.
I'm OK with no rear button or fingerprint scanner. Any more news on the camera, price, or release date?

Scratchyjam

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site

Good.

I'd rather they scrap it than introduce a superfluous (in my opinion, at least) feature which is half-baked. Do you have any info on the announcement and/or release date? I'm getting super impatient now!

EKhatch

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

Probably a really dumb question but can you explain how this is different than when the current Moto X is displaying more than one notification on the active display? I am a little confused. Thanks

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Most likely will be able to access certain notifications. Not just one at a time.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

Good.

I'd rather they scrap it than introduce a superfluous (in my opinion, at least) feature which is half-baked. Do you have any info on the announcement and/or release date? I'm getting super impatient now!

Don't know when it will be released. I believe he said Sept a while ago. One of the sports-themed leather-backed X+1 is planned for around black Friday, so I assume it will have been out for a bit at that point.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

Probably a really dumb question but can you explain how this is different than when the current Moto X is displaying more than one notification on the active display? I am a little confused. Thanks

Multiple circles to go straight to different notifications instead of just the one.

Dan Derp

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
So I was just playing around in the settings when I found this. Mid left there is what looks like a pie with a lemon on it. Could it be Android l??

Attachments

• 29305.jpg
    29305.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 279

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So I was just playing around in the settings when I found this. Mid left there is what looks like a pie with a lemon on it. Could it be Android l??

That's the Easter egg screen for KitKat (4.4), and the pie you're seeing is a Key Lime Pie (which was the original name of 4.4 before the deal with KitKat went through).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm