5.2" Moto?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I believe that is a new Droid for Verizon. Probably not the X2.

I suspect that the model number is a placeholder.

They've gone to XT10XX for their current generation.

Verizon models:
XT1030 DROID MINI
XT1060 Moto X
XT1080 DROID ULTRA
XT1080M DROID MAXX

I hope it's a DROID ULTRA/MAXX follow up and not the next X.

Last edited:

Eli_C

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I certainly hope they don't follow the trend toward bigger phones. The physical size of the current X is pretty close to ideal.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I suspect that the model number is a placeholder.

They've gone to XT10XX for their current generation.

Verizon models:
XT1030 DROID MINI
XT1060 Moto X
XT1080 DROID ULTRA
XT1080M DROID MAXX

The model number is most definitely a ruse but the specs imo point to a Droid and not a Moto.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The model number is most definitely a ruse but the specs imo point to a Droid and not a Moto.

What about this makes you think DROID line and not Moto X successor?

According to the benchmark test, the XT912A runs the latest Android 4.4.3, and sports a 5.2-inch display with 1080 x 1920 pixels. Other features seemingly include a 12MP rear camera, 2MP front-facing camera, quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of ROM, and 32GB of internal memory.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
What about this makes you think DROID line and not Moto X successor?

Because my sources lead me to believe the next Moto will be in Q1 next year with much higher specs. With 2 lesser models coming later this year with those type of specs.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Because my sources lead me to believe the next Moto will be in Q1 next year with much higher specs. With 2 lesser models coming later this year with those type of specs.

What about the Moto X follow up that Motorola itself has teased for a summer release? Or by "Moto" are you referring to a model that's not an X follow up?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
What about the Moto X follow up that Motorola itself has teased for a summer release? Or by "Moto" are you referring to a model that's not an X follow up?

I have no idea what their going to call them but there will be more Moto lines other than the X and G.

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
What we have here are incompatible trends. Something's got to give.

We can't keep getting bigger phones, but wearing skinnier jeans.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Motorola was trying to hit the mark with a more refined optimized phone with the X. A phone for the masses that is useful and fits in the hand. With the iPhone coming out in a 4.7" screen., I'd say the next X will be along the same lines as they are going after more of the iPhone crowd. If they were playing follow the leader with all the Android phones, they would have made it differently the first time imo. But who knows..

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Motorola was trying to hit the mark with a more refined optimized phone with the X. A phone for the masses that is useful and fits in the hand. With the iPhone coming out in a 4.7" screen., I'd say the next X will be along the same lines as they are going after more of the iPhone crowd. If they were playing follow the leader with all the Android phones, they would have made it differently the first time imo. But who knows..

Sadly, "for the masses" means "screen 5 inches or larger".

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I think 5.2" with similar bezels to the current would be perfect. Screen size does not mean the the device will be that much bigger than current.

Also, judging the size of a phone from a screen number is ridiculous. Until we can hold it in our hands, numbers mean nothing. Design is everything. Screen size means nothing.

Everyone here is freaking out over a possible increase to 5.2, but go look at the iPhone forums and look at the complete freak out of moving up to 4.7 if you want to see some really distraught people. I used to think 4" was the limit, but now that I have actually given a larger phone a chance, I want a little bigger for better media consumption.

My point in all this is: don't knock a phone that does not yet exist on a number. After it is out, you can hold it and judge all you want.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I think 5.2" with similar bezels to the current would be perfect. Screen size does not mean the the device will be that much bigger than current.

Also, judging the size of a phone from a screen number is ridiculous. Until we can hold it in our hands, numbers mean nothing. Design is everything. Screen size means nothing.

Everyone here is freaking out over a possible increase to 5.2, but go look at the iPhone forums and look at the complete freak out of moving up to 4.7 if you want to see some really distraught people. I used to think 4" was the limit, but now that I have actually given a larger phone a chance, I want a little bigger for better media consumption.

My point in all this is: don't knock a phone that does not yet exist on a number. After it is out, you can hold it and judge all you want.

We've got a reference for 5.2" with thin bezels. :(

Motorola Moto X vs LG G2 - Visual phone size compare

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
We've got a reference for 5.2" with thin bezels. :(

Motorola Moto X vs LG G2 - Visual phone size compare

I think the g2 is the most underrated phone of last year. I never gave it credit(because it's lg), but recently used one and was blown away. The software is the only thing holding that phone back for being the best all around phone of 2013.

On topic: with proper button placement and shape, 5.2" is a great size I think. An example of doing this terribly is the new m8 with its 5" screen, which is a real shame.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Only if your masses are Android users but iPhone users are masses also.

Exactly. There are just as many people wanting a one handed phone as there is wanting bigger phones. Why would the first x have gone smaller if the "masses" wanted a big screen. Unless Moto now has a totally different philosophy, I think or hope they continue what they started. I hope they are not now chasing the specs and playing follow the leader to other Android phones. If sales were not up to par, take a look at your marketing campaign and add some premium quality imo. But there is always the new iPhone to fall back on for the people who don't want a small tablet in their pockets. I'm just hoping it doesn't come to that for me and others who feel the same

wmdunn

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. There are just as many people wanting a one handed phone as there is wanting bigger phones. Why would the first x have gone smaller if the "masses" wanted a big screen. Unless Moto now has a totally different philosophy, I think or hope they continue what they started. I hope they are not now chasing the specs and playing follow the leader to other Android phones. If sales were not up to par, take a look at your marketing campaign and add some premium quality imo. But there is always the new iPhone to fall back on for the people who don't want a small tablet in their pockets. I'm just hoping it doesn't come to that for me and others who feel the same

I agree completely, hoping Motorola will stay the course! The rumored 4.7" iPhone 6 probably won't be an option, since physically it will be very close to the size of the M8 if Apple continues with similar bezels. Obviously, no one knows for sure until release, but the recent leaks are consistently confirming this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma