Always On Listening Available on All Phones Now. X2 Not So Special Now.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The x8 is the same hardware as the s600 sans two cores with the two coprocessors added. The s800+ does indeed have the capabilities possible but so far none has made the same use of them.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The x8 is the same hardware as the s600 sans two cores with the two coprocessors added. The s800+ does indeed have the capabilities possible but so far none has made the same use of them.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.

If the rumors of the next Moto X having an s800 chip pan out, that may change in the next couple of months. :)

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't seems like it's always on though. Unless I'm mistaken it's more like 'on when phone is open/awake'. Lol.

And 2nd the want for the multi window.

Posted via Android Central App

As long as phone is not locked, it listens.
If the phone is locked the display must be on and you can bypass the lockscreen if it recognizes your voice.

Sdot312

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the always on feature turned on my HTC M8. I was playing a video about a new Motorola device where the guy said " a Google hangouts..." And it triggered my voice search! Everytime. Has this happened to anyone else. Here's the vid if anyone wants to try.

Youtube.com/watch?v=NAwGDd9jhAQ

Posted via Android Central App

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
That's another thing, Moto X voice recognition is a little smarter than Google Search. Even after training my voice with Google Search other people still managed to trigger Okay Google. Not so much with the X.

rahxephon

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
There's still a bit of a step between what Google just rolled out and motos ability to listen when your phone is off and away from you, but that gap did just get closed a little.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.

Yep it's not the same as the X since you have to wake the phone first. IMO a huge hassle as well since it triggers easily. Was watching the latest pocketnow podcast and they demonstrated how annoying it can be.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair