USB centered at bottom
3.5mm Headset Jack

Battery
2300 mAh

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto X (second generation) Specs

It is being listed on Motorola as Moto X (2nd Gen.) along with the Moto G (2nd Gen.)

Phones

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The battery size is ridiculously small. What size did the original MotoX have with the 4.7" display?

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
That Motorola Micro Battery you can carry on your keychain is a neat idea but I wonder how often one may need it. Also, if you got 5.5 hours of display time on the MotoX with that battery I'd be shocked. Did you have display brightness down?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Lol i just seen picctures in the x forum and never saw a 5sot xD man i kinda like Motorola, but this truely suck!

Posted by my G3 or my 1+

That's what I'm saying.
Can you translate this into English - I have no idea what you are saying.

I usually can figure out what the ESL posters are saying but this, no, I can't.

Sure.

5SoT stands for 5 hours of screen on time.

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if people will be turned off by the bigger size. The Android Central article said that Motorola has data that shows 75% of people who upgrade want bigger phones.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if people will be turned off by the bigger size. The Android Central article said that Motorola has data that shows 75% of people who upgrade want bigger phones.
Well. It mean I have zero in terest in it. But I guess what matters is what the market as a whole wants. Still, I'm very sad that they didn't release a small one, too.

Yes, but xD is common I'm today's internet works.

Back on topic starting now. :)

I spend way too much time on the internet and have never seen it. (And don't follow links to urban dictionary from work.) I'll assume it's an unhappy emoticon.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Here is to hoping that they didn't just let specs dictate the speed of the device and they optimized the hell out of this one too. What made the Moto X so fast was optimization. I also wonder what battery life is like I could consistently get 5-6 hours of onscreen time when I had a Moto X, and even with my Razr M I can get at least 4.5 hrs of on screen time. Motorola always knew how to make devices with good battery life and I am cautiously optimistic for this phone too.

edgar

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
That Motorola Micro Battery you can carry on your keychain is a neat idea but I wonder how often one may need it. Also, if you got 5.5 hours of display time on the MotoX with that battery I'd be shocked. Did you have display brightness down?

I usually get at least 4.xx of screen time at about 30%

In a full day use, off charge 6a.m., at night before bed I am estimate an average of about 25% battery left. I rarely hit under 15%
Wish the X had an extreme battery mode though. For those rare occasions when battery hits lower than 15% and there isn't a charger in site

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I can go from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM (~10%) with my first gen Moto X. Wouldn't surprise me to see the second generation Moto X get all-day use, even with only a 100 mAh bump in capacity.

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

The size is a big turnoff for me, which is a shame because I love what Moto did this year overall.

Personally, I think Moto's data collectors have no idea what they're doing. Most people are buying larger phones because all of the premium phones are larger phones! There are no mid-sized premium phones to see if people would go for them.

Motorola's "researchers" also said that the reason why they didn't put an SD card slot on the Moto X was because their research suggested most people ended up uploading things to the Cloud. Well, if you don't give them an SD card slot, what other choice is there? To me, it seems that their research and data collection methodology is way off.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
The size is a big turnoff for me, which is a shame because I love what Moto did this year overall.

Personally, I think Moto's data collectors have no idea what they're doing. Most people are buying larger phones because all of the premium phones are larger phones! There are no mid-sized premium phones to see if people would go for them.

Motorola's "researchers" also said that the reason why they didn't put an SD card slot on the Moto X was because their research suggested most people ended up uploading things to the Cloud. Well, if you don't give them an SD card slot, what other choice is there? To me, it seems that their research and data collection methodology is way off.

I wish they did at least have an SD slot considering every other phone on the market that is a flagship has one. This would be the perfect phone to stick a 128GB micro SD card in. Me thinks Google still technically owning Motorola told them not to have a micro SD card slot like they did last year.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

I think that's more of an issue of Google wanting to push people to using the cloud more. You see the same thing on the Nexus devices - no SD slots. I was shocked they put an SD slot in the Moto G, but it's targeting less developed markets, which may not be able to rely as heavily on having a data connection. Built-in storage does generally make for a better experience (less need to navigate to find files, higher reliability, etc), but it's not a better experience if you run out of space.

I don't understand why we aren't seeing higher storage capacities in smartphones in general, when the cost of flash memory just keeps dropping. I can't see why they wouldn't bump the base capacity to 32 or even 64gb, and then offer a 128 premium upgrade. At that point, it's easier to justify no SD slot to even most of the most demanding customers. I have 32gb in my MAXX, and it does what I need, but I have come very close to running out of space before when I shot some video of a home walk-through for a friend.

For all the talk that companies make about wanting to provide users with a seemless product that "just works", we're not seeing nearly enough phones with big batteries or storage. Sure, some users will manage to drain the biggest battery or fill the biggest storage, but it's not that hard to make it so *most* people don't' have an issue.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I think that's more of an issue of Google wanting to push people to using the cloud more. You see the same thing on the Nexus devices - no SD slots. I was shocked they put an SD slot in the Moto G, but it's targeting less developed markets, which may not be able to rely as heavily on having a data connection. Built-in storage does generally make for a better experience (less need to navigate to find files, higher reliability, etc), but it's not a better experience if you run out of space.

I don't understand why we aren't seeing higher storage capacities in smartphones in general, when the cost of flash memory just keeps dropping. I can't see why they wouldn't bump the base capacity to 32 or even 64gb, and then offer a 128 premium upgrade. At that point, it's easier to justify no SD slot to even most of the most demanding customers. I have 32gb in my MAXX, and it does what I need, but I have come very close to running out of space before when I shot some video of a home walk-through for a friend.

For all the talk that companies make about wanting to provide users with a seemless product that "just works", we're not seeing nearly enough phones with big batteries or storage. Sure, some users will manage to drain the biggest battery or fill the biggest storage, but it's not that hard to make it so *most* people don't' have an issue.

The bigger issue is that people on the internet are complaining about it and not mass consumers, there is a reason Apple still sells 16GB phones too, they are popular and do just fine for most smartphones users as it always has been. If there are people who want more storage there is a 32GB version. That is the way making money works for a company.

As far as battery, we don't know anything about how the Moto X2 will fare so we can't discuss anything concrete yet, I do know from personal experience that Motorola knows how to optimize their devices so my Moto X managed to last all day and then some every single time.

Intense Soul

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Operating system
Android 4.4.4 KitKat®

Capacity
Storage (ROM)
Std: 16GB
Motomaker: 32GB

Dimensions
Height 140.8 mm
Width 72.4 mm
Depth 9.97mm
Weight 144 grams

Camera
Rear camera: 13MP F2.25
Front Camera: 2MP (1080p)

Audio
Speakers: front-facing and at bottom

Processor
MSM8974-AC 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 with quad-core CPU
RAM 2GB

Display
5.2” (423 ppi)
1080p OLED
Corning Gorilla Glass 3

Connectivity
Wifi 80211.ac
BT 4.0LE
USB centered at bottom
3.5mm Headset Jack

Battery
2300 mAh

It supports NFC too

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
The bigger issue is that people on the internet are complaining about it and not mass consumers, there is a reason Apple still sells 16GB phones too, they are popular and do just fine for most smartphones users as it always has been. If there are people who want more storage there is a 32GB version. That is the way making money works for a company.

As far as battery, we don't know anything about how the Moto X2 will fare so we can't discuss anything concrete yet, I do know from personal experience that Motorola knows how to optimize their devices so my Moto X managed to last all day and then some every single time.

I just see microSD card prices and wonder why they can't simply offer some larger sizes of internal storage. It shouldn't be a complex upgrade for the engineers. Probably the biggest complication is the marketing and UPC management. The bump in cost for the manufacturer from 16gb to 32gb is surely very small. And they could make some extra money offering a 128gb special edition at a premium, even if to keep things simple they only offer it through Moto Maker and keep very small inventories on hand.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad