I've got the new Moto X, you've got questions. Fire away!!!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
moto-x-wood.jpg

I'm on a plane today headed for Las Vegas, with the new Moto X safely in my pocket. I've been using it all weekend, and will continue to use it this week. If you've got questions, I've got some answers. Ask away!

(And do note that if I don't respond immediately, it's because I'm indeed traveling.)

Have at it!

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
How's the camera? Does it seem to be better? Also, the battery? I have a Droid Maxx and love the Touchless Controls, Active Notification and battery life. Wondering if it would be worth considering the switch to the new Moto X? Thanks Phil!

Cheers!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
How's the camera? Does it seem to be better? Also, the battery? I have a Droid Maxx and love the Touchless Controls, Active Notification and battery life. Wondering if it would be worth considering the switch to the new Moto X? Thanks Phil!

Cheers!

The camera's definitely better, I think. How much better? We'll see.

Jury's still out on the battery. That said, 2,300 mAh < 3,000 mAh, ya know?

Limjelo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I typically use cases for my phones and one of the main reasons is to protect the camera lens. With the Moto X and its available custom backs, I wouldn't want to use a case.

How exposed is the camera lens when placing the phone down?

Posted via the Android Central App

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Moto Voice. Not all the new features will be able to be ported back to the OG Moto X due to lack of IR sensors. Do the new software features warrant an upgrade on their own? The software features of the OG Moto X are the premier features of that phone, I use them extensively.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
How useful/gimicky are the hand gestures?

Is the new "set your own 'OK Google Now'" reliable?

Any word on when US versions will be available for preorder?

Thanks like always Phil!

jfoofoo

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Overall impression for used just one weekend? Things you love and things you hate so far? I know jury is still out on the battery life, but were you able to go for at least 16 hours without the need to charge (I imagine you use your phone as much as any other techies)?

corn_chowder

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

Cheers!

Second the battery question..does it get you a full day? Really the only thing keeping me from it 100%. What's the biggest difference from the current gen Moto X?

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
You have the white model, but could you tell me if the black model comes with the same chrome like aluminum or if the back model has an adonized coating to make it darker?

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I was looking forward to the same form factor w/ better camera and battery. I tried the LG G3 for the battery and camera and it was nice just really big for my hands (and pockets). Since it is something that I am familiar with, can you compare the new Moto X's size with that of the G3?

Mdbils484

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Is there a compelling reason to shell out $499.00 USD for the 16g version when a 64g One Plus One can be had for $350.00? Likewise, what does it do $150.00 better than an N5? My head is scratching on the X 2014, just dont see it, at least as an unlocked purchase.

northead

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Given the specs' sheet, I'd say that battery life is everyone's biggest concern, but I see we'll have to wait on that, so off to the display I go.
How saturated it is? What about colours' reproduction? Are we on the annoyingly over-poppy side or more on the still not incredibly accurate but eye-pleasing one?