My biggest disappointment with the Moto X.

KennyJohnson

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Is why Motorola has been so cagey about the release date. It really hit home with Apple yesterday announcing their new phone, pre-order date, and the release date. Motorola just told us that it's coming "later this month". Anybody else disappointed with the lack of clarity on a release dat?E

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not really. It could be worse. The Galaxy S5 was released several weeks after it's announcement, the One+1 still hasn't been released to the general public, and that phone was announced in April.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Is why Motorola has been so cagey about the release date. It really hit home with Apple yesterday announcing their new phone, pre-order date, and the release date. Motorola just told us that it's coming "later this month". Anybody else disappointed with the lack of clarity on a release dat?E

It could have to do with the carriers. They may want to announce it and not want Moto to reveal it ahead of time. Apple has a free pass to do whatever it wants so it doesn't have to appease the carriers.

Just speculating but we rly do not know why Moto couldn't give a date.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Later this month isn't a bad date ... Samsung announced the Note 4 on the 3rd ... and said "In October" .. So at least 1 month away .. If not 2 because they technically could release it at the end of October.

It isn't to bad ... We will all get our new devices soon! :).

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, later this month is fine. Most Android manufacturers release that way. It is because the date can be different depending on the carrier.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
That rumored date of September 25th (or thereabouts) floating about is looking more credible, given that Motorola has said this month. As long as I can use it unlocked on T-Mo (and can use Moto Maker for that) I don't really care when it comes out this month.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The only model they probably could announce is the unlocked version(why they dont idk). That is the only model moto x they have complete control over. The rest will depend on the carriers getting their ducks in a row.

Apple is infuriatingly special on such things. They have the money and the market share(compared to other single manufactures) to do whatever they want more or less. It is also why they get direct updates and we have to wait on carriers.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Apple have strong control of their distribution channels and resources. They are capable of setting it up just right and with all the carriers. Maybe with the acquisition by Lenovo, Motorola can get better at it.

KennyJohnson

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
The only model they probably could announce is the unlocked version(why they dont idk). That is the only model moto x they have complete control over. The rest will depend on the carriers getting their ducks in a row.

Apple is infuriatingly special on such things. They have the money and the market share(compared to other single manufactures) to do whatever they want more or less. It is also why they get direct updates and we have to wait on carriers.

I'm on T-Mobile so I'm buying the unlocked model anyway. I wish I could get a date on that. I'm wavering between the G3 and the Moto X. I would like the Moto X because they don't screw with the OS. But, I need a phone. Not having a phone sucks.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
When any of these manufacturers announce a device, price and release date should accompany the announcement.

This is what they all need to steal from Apple.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
When any of these manufacturers announce a device, price and release date should accompany the announcement.

This is what they all need to steal from Apple.

Like how Apple announced an exact price and release date for the Apple Watch? Oh wait, they didn't. They did give a starting price (but didn't say which model or band it was for), but otherwise just said "early 2015". Yes, they were clear about the iPhone 6 pricing and launch date, but let's not act like they're doing that across the board. Moto gave a less than 30 day window. If you don't have a phone and are waiting to buy the device, it can be frustrating I'm sure, but it's really a fairly narrow window as these things go.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Like how Apple announced an exact price and release date for the Apple Watch? Oh wait, they didn't. They did give a starting price (but didn't say which model or band it was for), but otherwise just said "early 2015". Yes, they were clear about the iPhone 6 pricing and launch date, but let's not act like they're doing that across the board. Moto gave a less than 30 day window. If you don't have a phone and are waiting to buy the device, it can be frustrating I'm sure, but it's really a fairly narrow window as these things go.

I saw the One more thing.. as a preview.

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
While I'd like to know when the Moto X is coming out, at least knowing that it will be out by the end of the month is encouraging. I had been keeping an eye on the Lumia 830 and last I heard, AT&T announced that it would be out in time for the holidays. In that case, it could be out tomorrow or 3.5 months from now.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
While I'd like to know when the Moto X is coming out, at least knowing that it will be out by the end of the month is encouraging. I had been keeping an eye on the Lumia 830 and last I heard, AT&T announced that it would be out in time for the holidays. In that case, it could be out tomorrow or 3.5 months from now.

I would personally translate "in time for the holidays" as just before Thanksgiving at the earliest. It's vague, so you're right, it could technically be tomorrow, but they would surely not mention the holidays if they were going to get it out before November.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
The phone should be out within the next 30 days. Then we can let the hardcore have it first! Then I will order it after they iron out the hardware issues. (If any) :D