Motorola really botched this release...

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand how such a large company like Motorola can continue to blow product launches. I was on Motomaker at the time orders were supposed do to live, and nothing. Predictably I had to go to a meeting for the next half hour, and by the time I was able to get back online and design my phone their site was bonked. Now, almost 10 hours after opening up the pre-orders their website is still having issues with placing orders so I am still without a phone on order. The icing on the cake is that the pure edition is now showing backorder for a month! Why is it so hard to give a company my money!

Is anyone else having any luck trying to place orders?

:confused::confused::confused:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I was in meetings too today so missed the kick off. By the time I searched here, I saw moto.com was slammed.

About 3pm central, I tried to get on from my laptop without success. So I tried it from my Nexus 5 using chrome browser expecting to get shut down but it kept letting me go to the next step. I purchased a 32GB pure edition with black front, black regular back and dark gray trim. (Exciting huh?) Was able to complete the sale and was given a delivery date of 10/13/14.

Good luck in your quest to get this device.

Posted via Nexus 5

Last edited:

Jonathan Lin1

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand how such a large company like Motorola can continue to blow product launches. I was on Motomaker at the time orders were supposed do to live, and nothing. Predictably I had to go to a meeting for the next half hour, and by the time I was able to get back online and design my phone their site was bonked. Now, almost 10 hours after opening up the pre-orders their website is still having issues with placing orders so I am still without a phone on order. The icing on the cake is that the pure edition is now showing backorder for a month! Why is it so hard to give a company my money!

Is anyone else having any luck trying to place orders?

:confused::confused::confused:

It's been fine for me. Do you use chrome?

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Apple runs into the same problem every year. Their pre-order site apparently was down for hours due to the crush, and waits of a month are the norm for pre-ordered iPhones. Looks like Motorola is in good company in that regard. :p

Unless you need a phone now, I'd suggest waiting for a bit at this point. Let them get a handle on their supply lines. It's possible ship times will drop as they ramp up production to meet demand (and of course if you can wait a month it will probably be back to normal).

CF-105

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Been trying for a black face, walnut backed Pure Edition with 32 gig, and am being constantly told that such an animal doesn't, nor can it, exist. I Gotta drop the black face and 32 gig before it will let me order. WTF?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Been trying for a black face, walnut backed Pure Edition with 32 gig, and am being constantly told that such an animal doesn't, nor can it, exist. I Gotta drop the black face and 32 gig before it will let me order. WTF?

Don't settle. Maybe they had a finite number of devices and configurations for preorders?

If you can wait to get what you want, you should IMO. I almost ordered at config but decided to get the regular back for easier resell.

Posted via Nexus 5

Last edited:

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine last night after getting back from dinner. Motos web site allowed me to get what I wanted with little to no issue. I think it just shows great interest in the device. All things in my book.