moto x + 10 years????

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I saw this post, Motorola COO: Moto phones aren't going away when Lenovo takes over - CNET, of rick osterloh, president and exec of Motorola, mentioning that the moto x line will last at least ten years even when lenovo owns Motorola. Rick believes that the moto x will become a top player in the phone market, and that they will take their time with the line to make sure it's name gets out there. He also mentions that lenovo backs Motorola's motto of undercutting their closest competitors in the phone market. Although he justifies the selling sweet spot of $100-$200, Motorola, in search of its salad days - Fortune, below their competitors, I believe that these undercuts could be a double-edge sword for not getting the best possible (for example, the moto 360 1st gen and the moto x 1st gen played the market a little too safe). One assurance that lenovo may back Motorola's goals is that lenovo knows the strategies that Motorola is and wants to implant, and lenovo knows of product details that Motorola is currently working on. Considering that Motorola's global market grew from 1% to 2.8% in one year, I believe that Motorola could very well be on the right track. However, time will tell whether or not Motorola's goals will become reality or become it's downfall. I believe that maybe Motorola has more tricks up their sleeves and I am looking forward to their product launches.

I believe that these articles are great reads and they shed some light in the future of Motorola. I, myself, love the fact that the moto x will continue it's path longer. However, I will need to see whether lenovo's acquisition will change the Motorola product lines for the better or the worse. Tell me how well you reason with Rick's assurance.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze