Verizon: Moto X (second generation) Launch

Dubbayoo

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I was always under the impression Androids didn't have simultaneous voice/data unless you were using wifi. The few times I tried it seemed to disconnect my call so I stopped trying it.

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was always under the impression Androids didn't have simultaneous voice/data unless you were using wifi. The few times I tried it seemed to disconnect my call so I stopped trying it.

Most (if not all) Android's on VZW since 4G/LTE beginning with the Thunderbolt have had simultaneous voice/data (Iphone on VZW not so much).

I'm guessing that VZW will have VOLTE ready for the new Moto X with Android L, and according to Jerry in the last podcast, Motorola engineers have a goal to have Android L released for the Moto X before the Nexus 5 has it release :) (however I'm not going to hold my breath for VZW to get it released that fast - even if they did get it released first this spring).

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
The technology that allowed the Thunderbolt to have data and voice on 3G is SVDO. Until I see a Moto X 2nd gen running and it can't do it, I'll believe it. I don't know where Phandroid got that screenshot, but I would bet it's fake.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
This is really starting to annoy me...

At least announce when I will be able to give you my money for a Verizon version. The delay is one thing, but letting everyone guess when the orders may or may not be able to happen is another. Just freaking announce what day the orders will start.

Then again, this has been the theme with overall launch of this phone:
"No announcement. It's just here. We are confident our fans hate announcements and information in general, so we promise to never give them any official information. Ever. They are much happier with supply chain leaks and bloggers announcing our new flagship for us."
- Love Moto

/rant

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
This is really starting to annoy me...

At least announce when I will be able to give you my money for a Verizon version. The delay is one thing, but letting everyone guess when the orders may or may not be able to happen is another. Just freaking announce what day the orders will start.

Then again, this has been the theme with overall launch of this phone:
"No announcement. It's just here. We are confident our fans hate announcements and information in general, so we promise to never give them any official information. Ever. They are much happier with supply chain leaks and bloggers announcing our new flagship for us."
- Love Moto

/rant

I can completely resonate with you on this.
All it takes is a small tweet even saying:

Vzw tweet: new moto x available xx/14

They don't need to market the date, they don't need to buy balloons and rent an elephant, they just need to give a date.

The disappointing part is when we thought they'd give info on Sept 4th, but was instead given on 5th, all the info was, was that it will be available end of September!
The window is sooo small between Sept 5th and end of September they could have already told us the date and be done with it.

I can understand when companies use "end of first/2nd/3rd quarter", but using "end of September" **IN september** is just mind boggling.
They want me to believe that the carriers still did not know when they were releasing them? Yeah right

Posted via Android Central App

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Uh, I think it's been announced that the release date for VZW is this Friday the 26th. I'll try to find the link at lunch.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Uh, I think it's been announced that the release date for VZW is this Friday the 26th. I'll try to find the link at lunch.
Unless there has been something that I am unaware of, that was off of a leaked document that may or may not be real. Nothing official.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
You'll be able to pick one up on Friday. Black plastic, bamboo, and black leather.

Posted via the Android Central App

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm holding out for Moto maker. Need that 32gb!

Thinking about Walnut back, black front, orange accents. The leather seems really nice but wood stands out so much more.

Posted via Android Central App

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Yep, same here. Hoping for the Motomaker launch as well on Friday for Big Red. Order it Friday and hopefully have it late next week. That would be great!

AtanRaca

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
My assumptions would be 12 PST. Will be interesting to see the shipment days since VZ customers are a week late to the ordering game.