Hey everyone..

If any of you have Hondalink in your Honda and have been able to pair the phone with it, could you please let me know. I bought an Odyssey this year and low and behold my Note 2 won't pair. The compatible phones list from Honda doesn't list the MotoX but I have read that people had no problems pairing and using it with the Gen 1 MotoX. I don't think Honda really keeps there compatibility list up to date.
    Just want to make sure before I commit to a new MotoX, I will be able to pair it to my car.
    09-25-2014 07:39 AM
    My 2013 Moto X pairs perfectly with my CR-V.
    09-25-2014 01:42 PM
    I have the 2013 Moto X and it worked fine with Hondalink until the recent upgrade to KitKat, I believe. It pairs, but no longer holds a phone call through HondaLink, the call automatically transfers to the handset. I can make a call and answer the call through HondaLink, but it doesn't stay connected. Very frustrating. Haven't had time to troubleshoot. Just a note, I have never been able to get my SMS texts to read in my 2013 Crosstour, not even with my prior phone which was a Droid RAZR. I'd love to hear if anyone knows how to resolve these issues. Thanks!
    10-03-2014 04:50 PM
    I have Acura HFL, which I think is basically the same thing, and it works just fine. Paired easily. Only thing is that it seems to take just a tad longer to connect than my HTC One m7 did.
    10-03-2014 08:01 PM
    I have a 2013 Acura ILX with AcuraLink and it pairs fine, and works like any other phone I've had. However, the one caveat that I'm trying to figure out is the Moto Assist read text feature tries to pipe the audio to my Bluetooth Audio source on the car, even if I have the satellite radio source selected on the car, or FM radio. This means that the feature doesn't work. The phone lights up and is obviously reading the text, but you can't hear it. The only time it's usable is if I am on the Bluetooth Audio source. I wish that there was a way to route the audio from Moto Assist to the phone's speaker regardless of being connected to a bluetooth speaker, but the only feature to do that would be to turn of Media Audio in bluetooth settings. That would effectively kill the ability to stream music from the phone when I do want to use the Bluetooth Audio source on the car.

Am I making any sense? It seems like I'm rambling, but it is a problem that kind of irks me.

Edit: While making this post I also had the idea of how retarded it would be if the same was the case when paired to the Moto Stream I have connected to my home stereo system. Guess what? All of the audio from the entire phone gets piped to the Moto Stream as well, say "OK Google Now, what's up" and the response is being read over my home stereo. A text comes in, again it goes through the home stereo.

I think this problem is with Android and not with the Moto X.

There needs to be a setting that maybe would allow for you to control which apps output to a given Bluetooth device.
    10-10-2014 12:45 AM
    I have the 2013 Moto X and it worked fine with Hondalink until the recent upgrade to KitKat, I believe. It pairs, but no longer holds a phone call through HondaLink, the call automatically transfers to the handset. I can make a call and answer the call through HondaLink, but it doesn't stay connected. Very frustrating. Haven't had time to troubleshoot. Just a note, I have never been able to get my SMS texts to read in my 2013 Crosstour, not even with my prior phone which was a Droid RAZR. I'd love to hear if anyone knows how to resolve these issues. Thanks!
    Hondalink has been disappointing at best. I read on other forums that SMS only works with Blackberry phones. So that means that Honda made the investment into a feature that 1% of smartphone owners can use. Brilliant.
    As far as the rest of the phones on the market, from what I read was android and IOS users all experience disconnects while making calls.
    My Galaxy note 2 would not pair at all. Did a lot of research and found that a majority of the issue lies in the carriers and a small portion in the phone manufactures.
    On Hondalink's website for compatible AT&T phones, a majority of the phones are phones I have never seen or heard of.
    I have also read that carriers selectively disable the Bluetooth channels that some auto's operate on. Seemed pretty far fetched.

Thanks for the info! Keeping my fingers crossed that my new Moto X will work with my Odyssey. Find out at the end of the month.
    10-10-2014 06:45 AM
    I have a 2014 Honda Civic. I am able to get my 2014 Moto X working fine in the car. I am not sure how text works since my phone reads that to me anyways and I have an iPod hooked up for music. But I can confirm, Bluetooth works with HondaLink NextGen and it will play music.

Posted via the Android Central App
    dhc8guru likes this.
    10-10-2014 07:34 AM
    I got my Moto X in last night and it paired up perfectly. I was surprised that it also downloaded my contacts and will also do SMS/text through HondaLink. According to Honda the only phones on AT&T with SMS and Text capability are the Blackberry phones. Maybe being an unlocked pure phone, it allows those features?
    10-22-2014 09:45 AM
    Seems to work fine with my wife's '12 Honda Pilot.

-Dennis-

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-24-2014 07:00 AM
    My '14 Pilot has no issues with mine
    10-24-2014 09:47 PM