Moto X 2014 att APN settings for att customers

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
1, Go to phone settings —> more… —>mobile networks —>Access Point Names and delete all the existing APNs.

2. Create a new APN using the + icon or related options … then, enter the settings below

Name: ATT Phone
APN: phone
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: None
APN type: default,mms,supl
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
Mobile Virtual network operator: Not set

3. Restart phone —

4. Check Internet and MMS Capabilities

In case anyone finds this useful.

drew_sf

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: att APN settings for att customers

GSM unlocked X worked on AT&T without adding or editing APN settings. I checked and MMS picture and video sent and received successfully to a T-Mobile phone.
uploadfromtaptalk1411683212520.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1411683234397.jpg

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

drew_sf

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

Someone posted they couldn't get LTE. No problems for me.
uploadfromtaptalk1411683329513.jpg

rclifton

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site

GSM unlocked X worked on AT&T without adding or editing APN settings. I checked and MMS picture and video sent and received successfully to a T-Mobile phone.
View attachment 138393

View attachment 138394

Someone posted they couldn't get LTE. No problems for me.
View attachment 138396

Using the exact same settings as posted and I can not get LTE nor can I get visual voicemail working. AT&T claims it's a sim card issue and I need to return to the store for a new one. The store claims it's the same LTE enabled sim they use in iphones and it's because I'm using an unlocked phone and that's the risk I take lol! They aren't a corporate store and aren't willing to investigate what the issue might be and 611 could care less as well. Anyone have some ideas?

grayzweb

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

Same issue here....
My N5 gets good LTE coverage.
Moto X pure only HSPA+

Posted via the Android Central App

anon4777630

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

One thing to remember is the APN has to be provisioned on your account not just added in the phones settings. Sometimes the billing system doesn't recognize unlocked phones, labels them as a unknown device and sticks them with none LTE plans. The only way around that I'm aware of is to have the IMEI of a known (AT&T) LTE device put on your account so the system will require an LTE data plan with the phone/nextgenphone APN.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

One thing to remember is the APN has to be provisioned on your account not just added in the phones settings. Sometimes the billing system doesn't recognize unlocked phones, labels them as a unknown device and sticks them with none LTE plans. The only way around that I'm aware of is to have the IMEI of a known (AT&T) LTE device put on your account so the system will require an LTE data plan with the phone/nextgenphone APN.

Thats one thing to keep in mind! :)

kylecpcs

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

I can say that I had this problem as well. Voice but no data. Added the custom APN, and that got me 4G, but no LTE. Apparently, ATT does not recognize this phone's IMEI as a LTE capable phone. Had to give them the IMEI off my HTC One M7, code it as LTE, reboot my phone twice, and then it came up as 4GLTE. Just FYI.

jestevez1222

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I tried calling att and they didn't seem to be able to change the imei in my account. Was there some specific way I should go about asking them to change it?

I'd love to have LTE on this phone. I followed the custom APN and I got 4g but no LTE. Help?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I tried calling att and they didn't seem to be able to change the imei in my account. Was there some specific way I should go about asking them to change it?

I'd love to have LTE on this phone. I followed the custom APN and I got 4g but no LTE. Help?

I just had to do this with a nexus 5. I did an online chat and gave them the IMEI of my nexus.

I know this is a slightly different situation. I guess the point of my story is try the online chat customer service.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I just had to do this with a nexus 5. I did an online chat and gave them the IMEI of my nexus.

I know this is a slightly different situation. I guess the point of my story is try the online chat customer service.

That's exactly what I did. The online chat worked for me while calling them didn't. The online chat was very helpful.

grayzweb

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
When I gave the guy on the phone the imei of my x he said that it corresponds to a vitara on the system?

Victoria is what it shows. That's Moto X codename I guess. You only get 4G if it says that's your device.

I finally got them to change my IMEI to a phone that is LTE, ( I used my old N5 too) but any att phone that is LTE

I went to store & guy there confirmed Motorola Victoria shows as a 4G only device

It will show 4G LTE next to battery

jestevez1222

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Just chatted with someone online and told him to try to change the IMEI just to "see" what would happen.

Put an S3 IMEI and boom, worked. Thanks for the help!

Brad Boland

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

I just got my Pure Edition Moto X yesterday and had this problem. Apparently, the IMEI number is recognized by AT&T as an older model Motorola Flip phone...We changed back to the IMEI number of my previous LTE phone (Nexus 5) and now everything works properly. Don't like this solution and I am not sure how it may effect the other phone when I sell it...The AT&T Rep. said it should be fine...but I am not so sure..Any thoughts??

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

It will be fine. The IMEI is used to provision to the SIM for the correct network access. It will not affect anything when you sell the phone.

slh7d

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

It took some serious arm twisting, but I finally got the online support person to change the IMEI on my Moto X (used the one from my Nexus 5). She and whoever she talked to in tech support advised against it, but I asked her to change it anyway. Now I am on LTE. I switched back to the original APN also (nxtgenphone one), and that worked also.....

umdkevin

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
thanks for the posts. Did an online chat with AT&T and had them put my nexus 5 IMEI on the line, had no issues they did it right away on the chat (maybe their getting this added to their help desk manual). Put default Moto X APN setting back and worked like a champ... got 4G LTE indicator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs