Moto X 2014 Wood or Leather?

AZbear

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
If I was going to get the New Moto X I would get leather all the way. Does anybody know if the unlocked version will have LTE with T-mobile? Sucks they don't sell it with them

Yes it gets LTE on T-MOBILE. Put in a Sim and was good to go.

Posted via the Android Central App

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wood or Leather?

It wouldn't be possible to exchange a Moto X with a wood back or one of the regular colored backs after one year of use, either, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Moto has a track record of craftsmanship and longevity with wood - if you like it during the exchange period you'll likely be happy with it 1+ year later. Leather craftsmanship over the lifetime of the phone is simply unknown, thus a two week evaluation period is somewhat meaningless.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Am I the only one that doesn't mind the leather showing some wear and tear over time? As long as it's not horrendously ruined, I'll be fine with it. It gives the phone some character, IMO.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

I just purchased the leather back motorola pure 32gb memory version, went for navy blue leather, gold trim, white front, turquoise hula bumper, got the protection plan, violet power pack micro, screen protector etc..

Now I just have to wait till I can buy a moto hint, and then a navy blue moto 360 watch and I will be fully accessorized! :p

Can you post pics of the leather back (minus the case) please? I'd love to see some real pictures of it. I am having a hard time finding pics of the navy leather online. That's my first color choice for leather, too, so very curious.

Thanks in advance.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Am I the only one that doesn't mind the leather showing some wear and tear over time?

To me, that's actually the entire point of leather. It is supposed to develop a patina. I keep my phone in the front pocket of my jeans, and if I had one with a leather back, I know indigo would bleed onto the leather. Cool. Same thing happened to my wallet.

unopepito06

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

I've been thinking about upgrading to the Moto X, and subsequently thinking about the leather back option.

The way I see it, this is the only device to currently offer the option, and may be one of the only devices to EVER offer it. We're talking about an average lifecycle of about 2 years for these devices (a little less for me). For me, a couple years of commitment is not too big a deal, even if it hurts my resale value a little bit I would go with the leather back just because it's such a unique opportunity. If it ended up horribly damaged/worn prematurely (say, a giant hole worn in it... not likely), I'm confident Motorola would have SOME way to address it, even if it was via a repair for a small fee.

Basically, the worst-case scenario is insignificant enough for me that I would risk it to have that nice soft leather in my hand everyday (I felt the demo backpiece at the AT&T store today... not gonna lie, it's really nice).

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site

I feel the same way as the above. I imagine if I am still using my phone after say three years I may want to have motorola replace the battery with a fresh one, and while I am at it ask them if they can fix up the back of my phone and pay extra for that too.

I mean, why not? a $100 repair, maintenece fee after a few years is a reasonable thing to keep it running another few years.