No chance to customize New Moto X when upgrading through comcast.com/verizon-wireless

jamesrlevy

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I need some help. Verizon customer support told me they couldn't do anything that would help, other than cancel my order, but maybe some of you have had the same issue and have some ideas. Otherwise, this is a warning for future orders.

I wanted to order my new Moto X through Comcast, in order to get a $200 gift card from Comcast. So I went to the site: comcast.com/verizon-wireless. I clicked through it to the Verizon website, signed in, picked which line I was upgrading, and was sent to the device selection screen: preorder.verizonwireless. com/iconic/iconic/screens/IconicDeviceSelection.do (https)

I then chose the "Motorola New Moto X - Designed By You 32GB 4G LTE" phone, and continued through the process. At no time was I given an option to go to Moto Maker, or make any customization decisions. Other phone options on the screen included "Motorola New Moto X - 4G LTE Black" and "Motorola New Moto X - 4G LTE Bamboo White" and both of those were $99 on contract, so likely the 16GB versions.

After looking at plan changes and accessories, I eventually submitted the order and received a confirmation email, but I never given the opportunity (as ordering directly on the Verizon site) to customize it at all. The Verizon customer support folks said I would need to cancel my order and go through the Verizon web site, negating the $200 gift card from Comcast presumably. What gives? Any other way around this?

Thanks, all!

Jim

Attachments

• Verizon Wireless with XFINITY® Triple Play from Comcast.jpg
    Verizon Wireless with XFINITY® Triple Play from Comcast.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 78
  • New Moto X - Designed By You - 32GB.jpg
    New Moto X - Designed By You - 32GB.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 181

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I need some help. Verizon customer support told me they couldn't do anything that would help, other than cancel my order, but maybe some of you have had the same issue and have some ideas. Otherwise, this is a warning for future orders.

I wanted to order my new Moto X through Comcast, in order to get a $200 gift card from Comcast. So I went to the site: comcast.com/verizon-wireless. I clicked through it to the Verizon website, signed in, picked which line I was upgrading, and was sent to the device selection screen: preorder.verizonwireless. com/iconic/iconic/screens/IconicDeviceSelection.do (https)

I then chose the "Motorola New Moto X - Designed By You 32GB 4G LTE" phone, and continued through the process. At no time was I given an option to go to Moto Maker, or make any customization decisions. Other phone options on the screen included "Motorola New Moto X - 4G LTE Black" and "Motorola New Moto X - 4G LTE Bamboo White" and both of those were $99 on contract, so likely the 16GB versions.

After looking at plan changes and accessories, I eventually submitted the order and received a confirmation email, but I never given the opportunity (as ordering directly on the Verizon site) to customize it at all. The Verizon customer support folks said I would need to cancel my order and go through the Verizon web site, negating the $200 gift card from Comcast presumably. What gives? Any other way around this?

Thanks, all!

Jim

Hmmm... To me that sounds like false advertising... "Motorola Moto X Design by you" tells me that you can customize the brand new x from Comcast. I would see if Verizon can do something about it, or comcast. Perhaps, you can customize with Verizon and still get the $200 gift card?

Posted via Android Central App

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Nvm found it under the link you post. That's interesting... I dont even see where it says what color your getting. Update us when you get it

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I hate to sound like a butthole but I am so glad I'm not the only one who has an issue somewhat similar to this. I was going to make a post about the nightmare I had all day yesterday but was too frustrated to do so.

Here is my story - I had to work 7-4 on Friday and since I am doing an edge upgrade I had to call to order. I called around 9am (using 611) and ordered a 32GB Moto X - Designed by You. I was told after I agreed to terms/conditions, I would receive an order confirmation email and finally an email from Motorola with a PIN code to build my phone on MotoMaker.

So as you can see, by 9:17,I accepted the terms/conditions and then got my order confirmation just like I was told.

Screenshot_2014-09-27-08-40-36.png

After three hours, I never received my PIN. So I called Verizon back around noon during my lunch break,they told me to call Motorola because they send the PIN, not Verizon. Called Motorola and was transferred to four different people that kept thinking I was trying to send back a device for a third warranty claim (which is weird b/c I've never sent one back?), edit a past order and send back a device to redesign it (I have no idea where they got this from, I imagine their lack of English was the culprit here). After 30+ minutes, a guy in MotoMaker support told me Verizon sends the code, then after spending another 20 minutes on hold, he proceeds to tell me Verizon doesn't even have the technology for me to customize my phone, only AT&T does...which obviously is bull.

So, here I go again, called Verizon back and the rep I got this time told me the previous Rep had ordered it in the wrong system and she will correct it for me. So she cancelled my order and I went through the same process..agreed to terms..then waited for my PIN. This was around 2:45 (yes I spent almost three hours on the phone with Moto/Verizon..my boss was not happy to say the least lol.) When I got off a little after four, I still hadn't received my PIN. Once again, I call Verizon to see what the hell is going on. The rep actually threewayed Moto and explained my situation to them (not much use because the Moto rep thought I was trying to get a case... the Verizon Rep flipped out on her and hung up,then called Moto back and we got someone who actually spoke a little bit of English). The Moto rep told us that he's seen this before and would have to escalate it to a different department and hopefully I will hear something back by Monday or Tuesday.

The Verizon rep was unsatisfied with this and was unsure if he even knew what we were asking for. So I sat on hold for half an hour (about 6pm at this point) to speak to her manager who just confirmed what I was told earlier, Moto sends the code, they can't give me one and then he threewayed Moto again for me to try to get this resolved. This time we got a fully affluent English speaking woman who angrily told us that she is tired of Verizon sending people their way because Verizon is supposed to issue the PIN, not them. They're not sure why Verizon keeps telling customers that..the Verizon manager read her the support doc's from Motorola that clearly says once Motorola receives confirmation from Verizon, Motorola will send an email out to the verified address with the PIN. He hangs up on her eventually after getting no where and I told him screw it, just cancel the order. I was on the phone for over five hours yesterday just trying to order a damn phone.

So here is the kicker... I decided to go to the Verizon store before I went out with some friends to see the new X in person and to try to order it there, maybe ordering it over the phone was the problem and I've read somewhere that the codes autopopulate in the store (or they have motomakercards), thinking that would work. The man at the store showed me his screen..both of the "designed by you" phones say they are out of stock and he couldn't even select them to order it for me. I'm wondering if this has something to do with why we aren't getting PIN codes to design it.

You are basically having the same problem as me. After you ordered it, you're supposed to receive a PIN to use on the design website. Hopefully one of us figure something out soon because this is just ridiculous. I would definitely call Motorola and try your luck at getting your case escalated so they can issue you a PIN within the next few days.

Last edited:

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Wow
*Ridiculous* does not even describe it.

I recently had a live chat with a moto rep (about a different topic), some know more than others, but those who don't know much almost have no clue of what's going on. Not to bash moto, but hopefully this feedback somehow gets to them so they can work on that end.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
My VZW store didn't even have any in stock nor a demo unit. The rep told me that they had training on it and had to do a test on it (rolled his eyes when he said it). He had no idea when they would have in stock or demo on hand. He also said that they don't display units till they are 'told to'. There seems to be some frustration at all levels with this release. Yesterdays experience just made it easier for me to wait it out and get it later. By then the Droid Turbo will be out...

As far as this Comcast/Verizon thing goes, I didn't even know it existed and I have both services.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Wow man I would be unhappy too. Wow... I would totally talk to Verizon's manager and complain. Get some credits too. Also, email Motorola's support, it may take a week or two for a reply, they are great at helping and are really friendly compared to their tier one crew. Although, last year the same thing happened to me on at&t, but with those stupid customized cards. It took me three weeks with constant store visits, calls to at&t and calls to Motorola with no success. Until I was able to yell at the at&t manager on a phone call and got $200 off my phone bill, and Motorola finally responded to my e-mail, I wrote really nasty stuff. The director of customer service ended up giving me a sincere apologize and asked me to call him personally on his cell phone number. He told me that he felt bad about the customer experience, online chats and phone calls to tier one was nasty, so he gave me a promo code for $200 off on the new moto x from their website and he promised to ensure that he will oversee my phone's production personally and will expedite the order. Within 30 hours, I ordered at 8pm on a Wednesday and got the phone Friday at 10am, my phone was received in perfect shape. Anyways, I wish you luck

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Wow man I would be unhappy too. Wow... I would totally talk to Verizon's manager and complain. Get some credits too. Also, email Motorola's support, it may take a week or two for a reply, they are great at helping and are really friendly compared to their tier one crew. Although, last year the same thing happened to me on at&t, but with those stupid customized cards. It took me three weeks with constant store visits, calls to at&t and calls to Motorola with no success. Until I was able to yell at the at&t manager on a phone call and got $200 off my phone bill, and Motorola finally responded to my e-mail, I wrote really nasty stuff. The director of customer service ended up giving me a sincere apologize and asked me to call him personally on his cell phone number. He told me that he felt bad about the customer experience, online chats and phone calls to tier one was nasty, so he gave me a promo code for $200 off on the new moto x from their website and he promised to ensure that he will oversee my phone's production personally and will expedite the order. Within 30 hours, I ordered at 8pm on a Wednesday and got the phone Friday at 10am, my phone was received in perfect shape. Anyways, I wish you luck

Wow, that is crazy! Pretty cool he did that for you. I'm stuck waiting 48 business hours to receive a call from the MotoMaker Support team...for some reason I highly doubt I'll get a call back at all. Where did you find a customer service email address? I've been trying to find an address to write a letter to or an email but haven't had any luck thus far. Verizon told me they don't have cards this year..it's all supposed to be automated. I tried calling Verizon asking if they will just allow me to upgrade using a contract instead of an edge upgrade so I won't need a code...but that's no dice. Despite the hours I've spent on the phone with them. I'm wondering if Verizon has something messed up in their system because it seems only Verizon customers are experiencing this issue (at least from what I've seen online). Either way, this is ridiculous. I almost caved and bought a 16GB black X at the store last night but my 16gig right now is so full I have to delete 3-4 applications just to have enough room to do my available application updates lol.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Wow, that is crazy! Pretty cool he did that for you. I'm stuck waiting 48 business hours to receive a call from the MotoMaker Support team...for some reason I highly doubt I'll get a call back at all. Where did you find a customer service email address? I've been trying to find an address to write a letter to or an email but haven't had any luck thus far. Verizon told me they don't have cards this year..it's all supposed to be automated. I tried calling Verizon asking if they will just allow me to upgrade using a contract instead of an edge upgrade so I won't need a code...but that's no dice. Despite the hours I've spent on the phone with them. I'm wondering if Verizon has something messed up in their system because it seems only Verizon customers are experiencing this issue (at least from what I've seen online). Either way, this is ridiculous. I almost caved and bought a 16GB black X at the store last night but my 16gig right now is so full I have to delete 3-4 applications just to have enough room to do my available application updates lol.

Http://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/app/prod_ask/

Remember that it may take two weeks to hear a response and don't be afraid to tell it how it is. After all, you have wasted gas money, time, and headache. Plus, you were promised something that wasn't delivered. Also, post a pic of what the site claim to have represented. As for Comcast and Verizon I would tell it as is for them. Who knows what can happen. I wish you luck.

PS: I sent you a pm on here

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Http://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/app/prod_ask/

Remember that it may take two weeks to hear a response and don't be afraid to tell it how it is. After all, you have wasted gas money, time, and headache. Plus, you were promised something that wasn't delivered. Also, post a pic of what the site claim to have represented. As for Comcast and Verizon I would tell it as is for them. Who knows what can happen. I wish you luck.

PS: I sent you a pm on here

Thanks again man. I'm not the one with the Comcast situation, just a normal customer (which makes it even sadder that it won't work for me) but hopefully the OP can use this as well.

Limjelo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
It looks like the "Designed by you" version has been removed. I saw it there about 3 hours ago but ran to breakfast. Came back to find that it's now gone.

Moto X Comcast.jpg

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative, we appreciate your patience. Your current estimated wait time is 0 min 1 secs.

I can’t wait to tell you how you can get MORE! Ask me about our new MORE Everything Plans now!

Your RealTime session ID is RT2368636969.
You are now chatting with 'Kyle'
Kyle: Hello, welcome to Verizon Wireless sales chat! My name is Kyle, may I have your name, please?
Aaron: aaron
Kyle: Good afternoon
aaron: Good Afternoon!
Kyle: How are you?
aaron: Alright, how about yourself?
Kyle: Pretty good :)
aaron: Good. I ordered a designed by you 32gb MOTO X (the new one) earlier on the preorder.verizonwireless.com site and I never received a pin to build my phone. I now notice that the option to buy that on the site is no longer there. I was wondering if you could tell me why? (As in, if they're fixing the issue with people not getting pin #s or if there is another reason)
Kyle: From what we've seen people are not getting the pin numbers
aaron: Oh ok so do you think they are working on fixing it or did they just take it off?
Kyle: They are working on fixing it. :)

Hopefully this is good news for all of us!

P.S.

aaron: Do you know if there is an ETA? I have one ordered now but I don't know if i should cancel it then try to re-order it once it is fixed
Kyle: I dont see one. Still says under inspection.

jamesrlevy

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
. . .
aaron: Good. I ordered a designed by you 32gb MOTO X (the new one) earlier on the preorder.verizonwireless.com site and I never received a pin to build my phone. I now notice that the option to buy that on the site is no longer there. I was wondering if you could tell me why? (As in, if they're fixing the issue with people not getting pin #s or if there is another reason)
Kyle: From what we've seen people are not getting the pin numbers
aaron: Oh ok so do you think they are working on fixing it or did they just take it off?
Kyle: They are working on fixing it. :)

Hopefully this is good news for all of us!

P.S.
aaron: Do you know if there is an ETA? I have one ordered now but I don't know if i should cancel it then try to re-order it once it is fixed
Kyle: I dont see one. Still says under inspection.

Thanks for giving me hope! I'll check on the status of the order tomorrow and see where I am. The chat support that I got was "Call Customer Service Support". VERY helpful.... I would love to get a PIN eventually, but any which way, I will keep this thread updated. Anyone who has a similar experience, please vent here and keep us updated on your progress (or lack thereof). I feel your pain...

Thanks,
Jim

jamesrlevy

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: Saturday (one day after order...)

I saw this on the Verizon Support Website:

What happens if my Moto Maker redemption email is missing?
If your redemption email is missing, call Moto Care at (800) 734-5870. Motorola will provide you a new PIN to complete the Moto Maker process.
How long is my Moto Maker redemption PIN good for?
Your redemption PIN is good for 45 days from the moment you place an order. After 45 days, your order will be canceled and refunded.
If you’re interested in purchasing a Moto X - Designed by You after 45 days, you can place a new order.

I and called that Motorola phone number. I reached a very nice rep who tried to confidently take care of getting me my PIN number. I told her that I never received my PIN code for Moto Maker. Unfortunately, she said she wasn't able to get it, and put me on hold while she called Verizon. But... the call dropped for some reason and I had to call back (nice that the system knew I had an open case just by my caller ID). The new Moto rep insisted that because I had purchased the device from Verizon's website, I had to talk with them about a PIN code. Since my former Moto rep said she was calling Verizon, I asked to be transferred to her. And I was! But she said (after looking at Moto Care policies) that she had to transfer me to Verizon.... Whomever answered the phone at Verizon listened to my shpiel and immediately transferred me to Customer Service (the phone tree, even), where my journey began yesterday. :(

I was on the phone enough for the day, so I hung up on the phone tree. If I figure something else out, I'll try it and let you know.

Sigh,
Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Quick update: I guess using the Motorola chat sometimes does help. I received an email tonight from Motorola quoting my chat I had saturday morning where I was kind of rude but they said

- Hi Aaron,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the issue on the PIN that you recently purchased from your carrier for the MotoX 2nd Generation.

We apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered with this order.

For us to claim your XCode please reply back with the complete details of your Verizon account:

-Name:
-Email Address:
-Phone Number:
-Billing and Shipping:
-Store location number:
-Order number or receipt number:

Thanks,
Motorola Mobility

I sent them the information and will hopefully update back soon with good news. Strange how the chat support got me something when my other escalations I made on Friday on the phone still have not gotten back to me.

jamesrlevy

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Update: Monday
Still no joy. I've called Motorola and Verizon separately. The Motorola rep called a Verizon rep (took forever...) and they had an argument over the phone about who was providing the redemption PIN (and I think the Verizon rep hung up). Everyone I have talked with at Verizon has no idea about any redemption PIN or how I get it, other than quoting from the help site saying that Motorola will be sending it. At least Motorola has a logical argument: they say they have no info about any order made through the Verizon website until Verizon tell them that there was a purchase.

I don't want to cancel the order and start over, because of wait times and that damn $200 Comcast gift card, but I may just have to do that...

Jim

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Update: Monday
Still no joy. I've called Motorola and Verizon separately. The Motorola rep called a Verizon rep (took forever...) and they had an argument over the phone about who was providing the redemption PIN (and I think the Verizon rep hung up). Everyone I have talked with at Verizon has no idea about any redemption PIN or how I get it, other than quoting from the help site saying that Motorola will be sending it. At least Motorola has a logical argument: they say they have no info about any order made through the Verizon website until Verizon tell them that there was a purchase.

I don't want to cancel the order and start over, because of wait times and that damn $200 Comcast gift card, but I may just have to do that...

Jim

Well...It's Monday night and I still have not heard back. I am hoping I'll hear something tomorrow but I have noticed the Designed by You Moto X is still not back on the pre order site and the old Moto X dropped off earlier. I don't understand what is taking so long to fix this. Just an FYI, I had two cancelled orders friday and made another on Saturday morning and still never received a code. I'm going to wait at least until tomorrow to hear anything before I cancel it and retry it. Very disappointed in Verizon and Motorola. Verizon makes billions and they can't get someone to fix this issue at least four days in?

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Update: After following the advice a Moto Rep told me, I finally got a pin.

I would advise you to call Verizon and have them cancel the order, then go back through your comcast thing and resubmit the order and hopefully you will have luck! A rep from Motorola told me during my daily chat that Verizon fixed the issue with the PIN codes earlier this afternoon so I could either wait for them to get it all sorted out..or cancel and reprocess the order. I called Verizon, had them cancel the order (I tried this on Friday..it did not work but I assume it's fixed now) and reordered it...15 minutes later than BAM. I got my redemption code.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci