Moto X 2014 On my Moto Actions how do I get the wave-to-snooze feature to work?

youngdoc

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having difficulty getting the default alarm clock to play nice with the the wave-to-snooze feature? It worked for me during setup in Moto Actions and it even worked when I tested it out on the couch before bed, but this morning -- no luck. I waved frantically at the damned thing in multiple directions as the alarm was chiming away and it would not snooze until I swiped the screen. The cats hate me. My wife hates me.

I'm wondering if it's because it's dark in my bedroom and the Moto X can't "see" me waving, or something else. Has anyone else tried this out? Is there a different alarm clock app that plays nicely with the Moto's sensors?

Many thanks!

tyea

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto Actions (wave sensors) and Alarm Snooze with Moto X 2014

Is anyone else having difficulty getting the default alarm clock to play nice with the the wave-to-snooze feature? It worked for me during setup in Moto Actions and it even worked when I tested it out on the couch before bed, but this morning -- no luck. I waved frantically at the damned thing in multiple directions as the alarm was chiming away and it would not snooze until I swiped the screen. The cats hate me. My wife hates me.

I'm wondering if it's because it's dark in my bedroom and the Moto X can't "see" me waving, or something else. Has anyone else tried this out? Is there a different alarm clock app that plays nicely with the Moto's sensors?

Many thanks!

Yes, to heat signature recognition. Sometimes it works. I find spreading the fingers when waving over the phone increases the chance of recognition by the sensors. Also a height distance around 6 inches seems to help.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

youngdoc

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site

No love. I've given up. I have waved at multiple heights, angles, directions, and finger spread widths. I guess this one just isn't going to work for me. It doesn't seem to be the sensors per set -- my phone lights up in the lock screen as soon as I get near it, under ordinary use conditions (as opposed to on my nightstand).

shaurya947

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

No, totally naked.

I can testify a bit to that... It worked for me once this morning (out of 2 times). After reading about the 6in distance and spread your fingers apart thing, I tried it in Moto Actions a few times and it worked. So maybe I'll try again next morning with 6in distance and fingers spread apart :)

mpmangum

May 29, 2012
Visit site

I think there may be a bit of a problem with this. I could not get my alarm to shut off this morning. This was the first morning I've had the phone so I don't have a lot of tries on it, but the couple of times I've set the alarm and tried to wave it off, my level of success was low. The sensors work extremely well (maybe too well) on the other hand gestures for active display. I'm hoping an update can correct this issue as I was really looking forward to this item.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I think there may be a bit of a problem with this. I could not get my alarm to shut off this morning. This was the first morning I've had the phone so I don't have a lot of tries on it, but the couple of times I've set the alarm and tried to wave it off, my level of success was low. The sensors work extremely well (maybe too well) on the other hand gestures for active display. I'm hoping an update can correct this issue as I was really looking forward to this item.

Just got my X yesterday afternoon. By late last night I received a firmware update for the IR sensors. While I haven't tried the wave to silence feature on the alarm yet, I'm wondering if you got this update yet and if not perhaps it will improve this functionality.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

ive had problems with this to the point that even testing it with the moto app failed.

at one point i removed my phone's google account to solve another pestering issue and added it again.

the motion test to answer calls now works; but still no luck with the alarm.

youngdoc

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site

Just got my X yesterday afternoon. By late last night I received a firmware update for the IR sensors. While I haven't tried the wave to silence feature on the alarm yet, I'm wondering if you got this update yet and if not perhaps it will improve this functionality.

No firmware update here. That would be most welcome!

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

No firmware update here. That would be most welcome!

Ok I've been playing with the IR sensors for a while this morning ( yes I know I should have something better to do but I'm just killing time until the football games start ;) ). Anyway, the top sensors (at least on mine) are more sensitive to movement, whether it be side to side waving or vertical approach. While the bottom two sensors on mine will not react to side to side waving. As long as I keep my hand at the same distance from the phone waving back and forth will not trip the sensors. The moment I move my hand vertically approaching the device or pulling away, the sensors trip and activate. It's weird but I've been trying this for a while with consistent results.

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

I have not had any IR issues, but I got the firmware update upon initial setup before I'd ever tried the motions

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs