2014 Moto X UK Release (I Now Have One!)

marka87uk

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Has there been any further indication of when the new Moto X will be released to the UK through Moto Maker? We were originally told 'by the end of september', and as it's now the last day of the month, the wait is getting a bit frustrating with no news!

Amazon UK has the 16GB plain black listed and the expected date has changed from 30th September (today) to 7th October. Clove now has a note on their website, "First stock of Black Resin delayed until 2nd October. Black Leather delayed until 3rd October. Bamboo due 13th October." Again, that is for 16GB versions.

I'm really after a 32GB customised one though! :(

Last edited:

marka87uk

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: 2014 Moto X UK Release Date

Unlocked-mobiles.com have the 16GB black resin version in stock today with next day delivery. I'm hoping this is a sign we won't have too much longer to wait for Moto Maker!

Interestingly, they have priced it at £395 instead of the normal £420. I'd quite welcome a price-drop to make up for the extra wait! :)

marka87uk

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

After my last post I thought I'd quickly check the Moto Maker site again, and guess what, there is a Buy button!

Just ordered mine - 32GB Black, Bamboo, Metallic Dark Grey - Estimated delivery 13th October (although I'm hoping that it is sooner than that if the date is anything like the US predicted ones)! It took 3 attempts for the debit card to be accepted (no idea why) but I got there in the end! :)

marka87uk

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I just received the 'we sent it' email, with an updated delivery date of 'around' Thursday 9th! Exciting...! :)

marka87uk

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I hope so! :D

FedEx tracking says delivery on the 7th so even better - 6 days from ordering! And for anyone interested, the UK ones are being flown from Fort Worth Texas. :)

marka87uk

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Well, a nice surprise was that it got delivered today! 5 days from my original order!

If anyone wants to ask me UK-specific questions regarding the phone I'll be more than happy to help! :)

rusty136

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Well, a nice surprise was that it got delivered today! 5 days from my original order!

If anyone wants to ask me UK-specific questions regarding the phone I'll be more than happy to help! :)

What is the model number of your phone - XT????. I am a US Moto X owner, but would like to know what version is being sold in the UK, as they don't seem to show that on the Motorola UK website.
Thanks.

marka87uk

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

What is the model number of your phone - XT????. I am a US Moto X owner, but would like to know what version is being sold in the UK, as they don't seem to show that on the Motorola UK website.
Thanks.

In Regulatory Information it says Model XT1092.

erehwon13

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone know if/when the Moto X will be available from a UK carrier? I'd like to get it on a contract (rather than buying the phone) but I can't find it available anywhere, even from somewhere like Carphone Warehouse.

Anyone any ideas?