How is the Moto x screen holding up?

AndroidIsMyThing

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering for those who have had it, but does the screen hold up well? I hate the feel and price of screen protectors and would much rather go without it and I know it has a pretty stron screen.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering for those who have had it, but does the screen hold up well? I hate the feel and price of screen protectors and would much rather go without it and I know it has a pretty stron screen.

The screen seems to me to be identical to the one on the 2013 Moto X. I never had a screen protector on that phone and don't plan to use one on this phone, but I always baby my phones and never put anything else in my pocket when the phone is in there, etc., and always use a bumper, which helps somewhat if the phone hits the floor. My 2013 Moto X hit the pavement once when it flew out of my pocket (I fell off the back of a truck - truck wasn't moving, thank goodness). The phone landed face down on the pavement, and not a scratch. I know I was unbelievably lucky, but just the force of the drop would have cracked some screens, I'm thinking (I once had a phone fall onto the carpet and the screen cracked). Long story short - it seems exactly like the one on the original X.

galanboyer

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I just got mine new X last night. Really wanted to carry this phone without a case as I got the bamboo back. Thought I might put on a a screen protector. But today I looked down during a meeting and the edge of the glass is already cracked. Pretty upset. I did not drop it. Not sure how it happened. I am wondering if others are having an issue like this since the edge of the glass is curved and rolls down to meet the edge of the case?